Any Home Bakers Here?

My housemate hasn’t had pot roast in about thirty years. I’ve talked about it periodically, but last week I said I was going to make it whether she ate it or not. She was happy until…
On the way to the store, I was talking about needing to pick up beef butt. She was confused and concerned, and so I mentioned shoulder roast. She didn’t want beef. As a Seventh Day Adventist, she certainly didn’t want pork!
People, she thought pot was a type of meat. She didn’t know what kind of animal, but it is kinda like chicken. She didn’t know what exactly a roast was either. She was thoroughly scarred. She finally came to terms with it Tuesday, and devoured two helpings. Yesterday she ate the last of it, and is trying to wait to eat the other roast in the freezer. Oooone problem still. We need to get the roast without any fat next time. You know? Because that’s a thing. It’s just a body part , right? :he
If you saw the minimal fat on the roast, you’d be impressed. It was just enough for flavor.

Christmas baking is thankfully over. I am done baking for a few months. :th

My housemate hasn’t had pot roast in about thirty years. I’ve talked about it periodically, but last week I said I was going to make it whether she ate it or not. She was happy until…
On the way to the store, I was talking about needing to pick up beef butt. She was confused and concerned, and so I mentioned shoulder roast. She didn’t want beef. As a Seventh Day Adventist, she certainly didn’t want pork!
People, she thought pot was a type of meat. She didn’t know what kind of animal, but it is kinda like chicken. She didn’t know what exactly a roast was either. She was thoroughly scarred. She finally came to terms with it Tuesday, and devoured two helpings. Yesterday she ate the last of it, and is trying to wait to eat the other roast in the freezer. Oooone problem still. We need to get the roast without any fat next time. You know? Because that’s a thing. It’s just a body part , right? :he
If you saw the minimal fat on the roast, you’d be impressed. It was just enough for flavor.

Christmas baking is thankfully over. I am done baking for a few months. :th
Wow. Sounds like she's never had meat before! (I'm an Adventist too and I can testify, that's a little extreme!)

I'm a baker, too! Thank you for starting this thread.🍞

Welcome to the baking thread! Hope to see some of your goodies soon!

she thought pot was a type of meat.
Just a courteous FYI,, :frow
image_2023-12-28_160709519.png

Bread machine update: success! I started with the most basic loaf (pictured) and also made a small "French bread" loaf with some minor tweaks. The smell is SO good and makes me want to just keep on making yummy loaves of fluffy goodness. Might try a challah recipe I found online to see what happens.

Attachments

• 417DFE05-1560-4CDC-A374-C0AA53C06B25.jpg
    417DFE05-1560-4CDC-A374-C0AA53C06B25.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom