Any Home Bakers Here?

Years ago I made the world's best bread and would love to share the recepie, but I cannot.
It was a result of a series of mistakes and then my attempts to correct them.
Originally it starters because the dough was too wet. I added flour and added too much.
Suddenly I found myself trying to get the mixture correct but could not. I remembers adding dry yeast into it, and more sugar or honey and then salt. Eventually I ran out of white, rye and wheat flour. In the end I was adding gluten free flour and then at the very end corn meal. LOL
I had more than twice the amount of dough than I intended.
The end result however was the best bread I have ever tested and in my youth I had lived across the street from a European bakery that had amazing breeds.
Sadly, I can never reproduce it.
That sounds frustrating!

Try replacing some of the the white flour with semolina flour.

Years ago I made the world's best bread and would love to share the recepie, but I cannot.
It was a result of a series of mistakes and then my attempts to correct them.
Originally it starters because the dough was too wet. I added flour and added too much.
Suddenly I found myself trying to get the mixture correct but could not. I remembers adding dry yeast into it, and more sugar or honey and then salt. Eventually I ran out of white, rye and wheat flour. In the end I was adding gluten free flour and then at the very end corn meal. LOL
I had more than twice the amount of dough than I intended.
The end result however was the best bread I have ever tested and in my youth I had lived across the street from a European bakery that had amazing breeds.
Sadly, I can never reproduce it.

I love to do “science experiments.“ That sounds like it will be very fun for me to try. Maybe I could figure it out. Then again, maybe not.

It will be a nice experiment to do.

Are there any more details you can remember and share?

Good morning bakers! I hope everyone is staying warm. All the baking looks delicious! I wont be baking for a few days because I have come down with strep throat! Thanks to Hubby who shared it with me.
Strep throat can be brutal!

Good morning bakers! I hope everyone is staying warm. All the baking looks delicious! I wont be baking for a few days because I have come down with strep throat! Thanks to Hubby who shared it with me.
Sharing is caring! If I even mention I feel slightly unwell my fiance tells me to stay away lol it could simply be indigestion and he refuses to kiss me 🙄 he's so dramatic. Feel better!! 🩷

Baked some macadamia double chocolate cookies this morning, was picking up some donated glasses for Africans ( friends of mine collect medical supplies and when a container is full, they send it to Africa) and as a thank you, I baked the cookies. She was so happy to get them!! She is moving next Wednesday and hasn’t packed up all her stuff yet, so she was grateful to have something sweet to calm her nerves 😅 my family got the rest
IMG_6414.jpeg

I love to do “science experiments.“ That sounds like it will be very fun for me to try. Maybe I could figure it out. Then again, maybe not.

It will be a nice experiment to do.

Are there any more details you can remember and share?

Unfortunately, it was years ago so I do not.
I just remember that I had no flour left and finished it with corn meal.
I normally would prepare my yeast in warm water with honey, so in the end I was just throwing dry yeast into the mix.
All the other ingredients (honey, salt, butter) were were just guess work once I got off the written recepie.
I have made good bread since but nothing like that Frankenbread

Back
Top Bottom