Any Home Bakers Here?

Put two cans of canned peaches in a 13x9" baking dish. Spread a dry yellow cake mix over the peaches. Cut up a stick of butter over the top and sprinkle some chopped pecans over the top of that. Bake at 350 till hot and bubbly, I've forgotten how long. Till it smells yummy, lol. Cool and serve with vanilla ice cream. Easiest peach cobbler you'll ever make.
Thanks for the Recipe!

No problem, kids liked them so that’s good. Next Oatmeal experiment will be Coconut Oatmeal Cookies. Been thinking on the concoction while working today. Using just stuff in the kitchen I already have, hubby did bring some Baking Powder home last night. But next experiment is going to be yogurt free as I don’t have plain or coconut yogurt.

065DF7A0-B1EA-4256-8B7F-B726381B9441.jpeg
Okay the Blueberry Cookies are gone… so Coconut Oatmeal Experiment Recipe I mixed up tonight.

Again Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes

Ok grease your cookie sheet, I put a little Crisco on paper towel to do this.

I’m out of butter so Crisco is our star oil/fat tonight, fun fact Crisco has been Kosher since 1911, and can be used to cook dairy, plants and meats. It didn’t take off in Jewish Cooking till the Chicken Fat shortage in the mid-1920s because of a Chicken disease that killed chickens. But since Kosher cooking is a bit more complex cooking rules than standard American diet it really was a boon in opening up possibilities for lots of Jewish wives. So there is some Trivia for Trivia Night.

In a big bowl mix:
1 Cup Crisco melted with Brown Sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar Substitute tonight to get it used up) I think it was about 1 Cup possibly a bit more. This made this batch considerably sweeter than previous cookies as 1/2 Cup of this equals 1 Cup of Brown Sugar taste wise. Beat in 1 egg and then mix in 1 can of Coconut Milk. This will be very liquid, but don’t worry.

In a separate bowl mix 1 Cup Flour, 8 Packets of Regular Instant Oatmeal, about 1/2 bag of shredded, 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda.

Now gradually stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ones. This should make a nice sticky dough you can adjust consistency by adding either more Oatmeal or Flour to stiffen or to make less stiff I suggest add milk, coconut milk, coconut yogurt, vanilla yogurt, or plain yogurt. I had to stiffen the dough thus 8 packets instead of the 6 I used last recipe.

They have come out plump and absolutely yummy. They have a slightly different consistency than the Blueberry which had the yogurt, more crumbly but still very moist. I am thinking they need to cool a bit more to set, and might have needed extra flour. But they are Teen Tested and approved! My Nephew has eaten 3 and has declared them addictive. Not bad for first attempt on this experiment.

I think I maybe out of Oatmeal now… as I wonder can I make cookies out of Cream Of Wheat?

Bakers good morning one and all!

Tea is ready.

Temperature is in the 70s with high winds.

Have a great day!
All our SNOW....GONE. Forecast rain and wet snow beginning and lasting into
Sunday afternoon...then heavy snow for late Sunday and Monday. Weather is
Spring, Fall, and Winter. I am baking today.....two loaves of Sourdough Multigrain
Seeded Bread.

Attachments

• 20230915_153354.jpeg
    20230915_153354.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 2
Dang, I miss pizza. I suggested I look for a GF pizza dough recipe "that we'll both eat," meaning hubby and me. He said it's not likely I'd find one he would eat.
:hit
Make and freeze your crusts ahead of time. DH and I like completely different toppings so I always make 2 anyhow. If you both really like pizza you should have it!

Back
Top Bottom