Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm making my GF bread (not in the machine) again. I knocked the salt down a bit, and changed the oven temp from 375 to 350. Usually I just change one thing at a time, in case it's a flop, so I know what went wrong. But I'm pretty sure my oven runs hot. The last time, it was done in the shorter time, and was actually a little over done.

I thought it tasted a little salty, so I changed it from 2 teaspoons to 1-3/4 t.
Changing the salt will make the rise time shorter.

Gluten Free White Bread

420 grams of GF flour (see note)
3 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons salt (regular table salt)
1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed to 95 F degrees
4 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 egg whites at room temperature

In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, and yeast by hand with a wire whisk. Add the salt and mix again.

Using the mixer, add the milk, butter, apple cider vinegar, and egg whites, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the bowl, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. It will be thick, smooth, and wet, like a thick batter.

Scrape into a buttered 9x5 loaf pan. Cover with a buttered piece of waxed paper and let rise in a warm spot until the dough is about 150% of original volume, 30-45 minutes.

Remove the waxed paper and bake at 375 F for 45-60 minutes, to an internal temperature of 195-205 F. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cover to finish cooling on a rack.

Note: I use Namaste brand GF flour. It contains xanthan gum. If the flour you use doesn't have it, add 2 1/4 teaspoons to the dry mix at in the mixer bowl.
Thanks!

The recipe is in the google sheet-- link in the first post of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom