Any home remedies to save my chicken.

In your other thread, one of the last posts was she's pooping egg yolk, that was about 10 days or so ago.

Did she ever become alert, eating/drinking and standing/moving about on her own ?

I fear she suffered great injury falling off the truck and if she's not improved during this time, then she may not make it.

I believe she can see with the remaining eye. I will go check what brand of feed we are using for her. I have tried eggs but they have to be force fed with a spoon. I have taken her outside multiple times and she looks at the sun like normal then her head droops and she closes her eye, so I feel she is tired and bring her in. She won't peck around or walk at all, just stand still. I just discovered her Crop is full and very squishy, it might be sour crop, if so what can I do about it if anything? I heard vomiting will make her aspirate. She is still pooping light amounts, included a pic of the poop and her in the box being lethargic. Her neck hangs so bad when I try to get her to drink water, but she will drink if we rub her neck. I hope for a miracle, sure would hate to see her go.

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_233808992_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211124_233808992_HDR.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211124_233741286.jpg
    IMG_20211124_233741286.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 4
The poop doesn't look horrible, and it'd be runny because of all the water. I suggest egg and NutriDrench, if you can get some.

She really doesn't look good, though. Poor biddy. Even if she doesn't make it, the few days she's had with you are a blessing. Being abandoned on the side of the road would have been terrifying, and being a battery hen would have been dreadful.

The poop doesn't look horrible, and it'd be runny because of all the water. I suggest egg and NutriDrench, if you can get some.

She really doesn't look good, though. Poor biddy. Even if she doesn't make it, the few days she's had with you are a blessing. Being abandoned on the side of the road would have been terrifying, and being a battery hen would have been dreadful.
Thanks. I will try the nutridrench once I can get a ride to get some, maybe they have it at tractor supply? In the meantime I scheduled her to see a vet on Dec, 2nd. I am also syringe feeding her vanilla boost to keep her going. Fingers crossed it works and this beautiful girl makes it to the vet, maybe they can admit her and get her going again.

Thanks. I will try the nutridrench once I can get a ride to get some, maybe they have it at tractor supply? In the meantime I scheduled her to see a vet on Dec, 2nd. I am also syringe feeding her vanilla boost to keep her going. Fingers crossed it works and this beautiful girl makes it to the vet, maybe they can admit her and get her going again.
So glad she's still powering through. What is in that vanilla boost? Just curious.
TSC does have Nutridrench hopefully you can get some soon!

Picklestheduck & smdcleland
She is still kicking. She loses more weight everyday. I switched her from boost to enfamil Neuro pro infant formula. I believe she might have Merricks disease as her neck is still hanging and she lays still all day, she won't even open her remaining eye. Taking her to the vet for sure on January 3rd. Trying to feed her 3 times a day but her crop is slow to empty, found that if I prop her neck up gravity empties the crop quicker. She is a sweet girl. She's really trying to make it.

Awww. Poor baby. Does she have a name? Sometimes, I like to believe giving them a name helps them to fight a bit harder. Keeping your sweet girl in my prayers. Hoping she makes it!! The vet should be able to figure it out!! Keep us updated!!

Picklestheduck & smdcleland
She is still kicking. She loses more weight everyday. I switched her from boost to enfamil Neuro pro infant formula. I believe she might have Merricks disease as her neck is still hanging and she lays still all day, she won't even open her remaining eye. Taking her to the vet for sure on January 3rd. Trying to feed her 3 times a day but her crop is slow to empty, found that if I prop her neck up gravity empties the crop quicker. She is a sweet girl. She's really trying to make it.
I'm so sorry!
It may be time to let the poor dear go:hugs

Back
Top Bottom