Grey egg is... scary. It’s seeping something brown through the shell, and is very much not alive anymore. I pulled it. I also pulled one that was clearly milky and underdeveloped compared to the others.

There are now 6 eggs in the incubator, but 5 of them look REALLY good for day 15. They all look like the attached image (which is chickens, but still) which is from another BYC thread. Let’s hope for all 5 littles...!

Attachments

• BA202BD6-BAAB-4BD1-9D12-A1D6AE357F05.jpeg
    BA202BD6-BAAB-4BD1-9D12-A1D6AE357F05.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 8
Grey egg is... scary. It’s seeping something brown through the shell, and is very much not alive anymore. I pulled it. I also pulled one that was clearly milky and underdeveloped compared to the others.

There are now 6 eggs in the incubator, but 5 of them look REALLY good for day 15. They all look like the attached image (which is chickens, but still) which is from another BYC thread. Let’s hope for all 5 littles...!
Normally I wouldn’t candle so much, I just needed to see them in complete darkness to identify the airsac and be sure of what I had seen earlier. Now, I will refill the water and not touch them until they hatch.

Day 19 and I’m impatient... if they don’t hatch, I’m not quite sure where it went wrong with how developed they are. Should I candle and check on them? No birdie’s externally pipped. The humidity has kept at 81-83.

Day 19 and I’m impatient... if they don’t hatch, I’m not quite sure where it went wrong with how developed they are. Should I candle and check on them? No birdie’s externally pipped. The humidity has kept at 81-83.
AH okay, somebirdie’s was potentially moving in their shell and somebirdie has externally pipped?? I put him right back, I thought I felt the bump, and lo, there was a little push in the shell. NO
MORE FEARFUL CHECKING! I will be patient, I’m sorry little quails...!

AH okay, somebirdie’s was potentially moving in their shell and somebirdie has externally pipped?? I put him right back, I thought I felt the bump, and lo, there was a little push in the shell. NO
MORE FEARFUL CHECKING! I will be patient, I’m sorry little quails...!

They'll be fine - I'm very hands on when I'm hatching. Awesome that you have some progress. :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom