Any ideas of if my chicks are male or female?? (Bantam polish and a bantam serama)

Cherrybeeboo

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2022
Hi! This is my first post on here but I recently got my first chicks and I’m starting to get worried if I have a few cockerels( I tried my hardest to see if I could sex them with the tips I found online when I picked them out ), I have 3 polish bantam chicks and a bantam serama the polish are around 3weeks maybe 4 weeks by now and the serama was said to be around the same age from the breeder

Here are pics of each of them
6D3D23A8-E0A8-4465-BE91-B07AD1676B33.jpeg
D82C590C-27BA-46D2-B6AD-A69EA0107E93.jpeg
0B8D50B9-AD0D-40B7-99C0-979ED0133517.jpeg
9E9D984F-5F31-4E7B-B59F-97D9585A5DCD.jpeg

Hi! This is my first post on here but I recently got my first chicks and I’m starting to get worried if I have a few cockerels( I tried my hardest to see if I could sex them with the tips I found online when I picked them out ), I have 3 polish bantam chicks and a bantam serama the polish are around 3weeks maybe 4 weeks by now and the serama was said to be around the same age from the breeder

Here are pics of each of them
View attachment 3172669View attachment 3172670View attachment 3172676View attachment 3172682
I believe the Serama is a cockerel, the Polish are too young for sexing though.

The third picture of the white crested black polish appears to be a pullet. They do mature slowly so its a bit tricky to really tell at this age..
The others are questionable to me mainly because the crest shape is not as defined as the third picture.
I hope you have all pullets.
I love my polish girls. They are funny and friendly but, you must handle them often otherwise, the can be flighty and act like scaredy cats. Lol

Last edited:
The third picture of the white crested black polish appears to be a pullet. They do mature slowly so its a bit tricky to really tell at this age..
The others are questionable to me mainly because the crest shape is not as defined as the third picture.
I hope you have all pullets.
I love my polish girls. They are funny and friendly but, you must handle them often otherwise, the can be flighty and act like scaredy cats. Lol
I have always thought that one might definitely be female as well, they just have like the most hen looking crest I have seen, which always makes me a bit worried for the other two 😅 I try to handle the chicks as much as possible (sadly I have a really fresh large tattoo on my arm and they all like to try to jump onto it which really hurts so I’m having to handle them less and one at a time so I can make sure they don’t try to go on it) but the polish will like try to get away when I first go to pick them up but will always calm down and snuggle in the end meanwhile the serama literally waits and begs for me to come pick them up and give them cuddles.

Back
Top Bottom