Any info on a Sulcata tortoise? *I finally got him!* more pics..

Hi Mom 2em All....thanks for the advice... i am trying to set up his enclosure now and test temps.... i think i am getting him on thursday..
fl.gif
..so, i still have a few days to get him all set up...i hope you guys know, i will be bugging you with 1000 questions when i get him...
gig.gif
..so be prepared!...
big_smile.png
...also, if you or anyone else has any pics of their tort houses, could you please post them?...thanks , Wendy

Hi guys!..i finally got him!... his cage isnt that great..but. it will have to do till i can get some real plants for him..(to the tort owners>>>...does his substrate look to sandy?..its 50/50 eco earth and clean play sand....how hot do you recommend his hot side be? and how cool at night?..thanks, WEndy

2008_11130073.jpg

2008_11130074.jpg

2008_11130075.jpg

2008_11130078.jpg

Quote:
Hi..i got him at a local pet store... they ordered him for me...from Rhode Island...i almost bought a russian..i hear they have good personalities...but, in the end i decided on him...
tongue.png
...i hope they grow slow..LOL....he will get to be about 150 pounds....but thats what i wanted....well see how i feel when he gets that big....
hmm.png

Make sure he is soaked every day. I had a baby sulcata that died because he got dehydrated. I don't know if it happened before or after I got him as the people who I bought him from said nothing about soaking him, but it is very important! Good luck with him. They are so adorable. I miss my Angelo.
sad.png

Quote:
aw!..i'm sorry to hear about your guy!....i promise i will soak him!.(how long do you soak them for?..i thought i read somewhere like 15 minutes?..in luke warm water...just up to his bottom shell?....thanks for the advice!..Wendy

heehe..heres more pics of him...

i just love this little guy!..he already ate out of my hand!

2008_11130080.jpg

2008_11130081.jpg

Back
Top Bottom