Any Jewish Poultry Keepers?

Question for everyone. What are the three most important Jewish holidays?
I don't think you could say one holiday is more important than the other; now there are holidays defined in the Torah and the ones later instituted by the Rabanut.
Although now a days we hear the term High Holidays in reference to Rosh Hashana, the ten days and Yom Kippur that doesn't mean that they are the most important.
Pesaj, Shavuot and Sukkot are considered the pilgrimage holidays; they were considered so important that people traveled to Jerusalem when the Temple existed.

Now without Pesaj the Jewish people wouldn't have left slavery and therefore wouldn't have received the Torah. On Shavuot we received the Torah.

Other than that I wouldn't deem any holiday more important than the other. They all have very special associations and mystical reasons for doing them, that go beyond the physical aspects of the things we do in them. The Sages even have taught that performing certain festivals (will all their halachic aspects) cure certain mental illnesses. It's truly fascinating.

We're doing the 2022 calendar and are discussing what holidays to add.
Plus it's kinda hard to pair the Jewish Calendar with the gregorian calendar, most dates shift from year to year in relation to the Gregorian calendar. Thanks for considering adding the Jewish Festivals, in truth I'd put in all of them, but I guess for practical reasons you should put the ones that explicitly stated in the written Toráh.

Plus it's kinda hard to pair the Jewish Calendar with the gregorian calendar, most dates shift from year to year in relation to the Gregorian calendar. Thanks for considering adding the Jewish Festivals, in truth I'd put in all of them, but I guess for practical reasons you should put the ones that explicitly stated in the written Toráh.
Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom