Any legit work at home jobs?

Quote:
Do you have a local "Craigslist"? That is a good place to advertise, too (and free). I would try to come up with basic salary & days/hours available, too. Maybe check into what local Daycares & Nannies are charging to see what the "market" is like in your area.

Also a couple things that will help and "increase your value" are;
-being Child CPR certified
-getting your "clearances" (criminal background check and Child abuse check). Every state varies, but here in PA you can get them done online thru our state website, and they are about $10 - $12 for each of them. Or you could call your local Police & ask how to get them.
-Available references help, too. Even if not directly "child care" related, I wanted to know how responsible someone was, and if they were likely to SHOW UP when scheduled!!!

That type of stuff REALLY helped me find those who were more "professional" and committed to watching my kids... and I was willing to PAY for that quality!!

Quote:
Also medical transcription.

I had neighbors that filled out insurance forms from home. Both Dad & Mom did it, so it must have been lucrative enough to support the family. They recently bought a new house.

Imp

they do give training classes for this..at least around here I see them once in a while..and I believe they are free..

You might check in to mortgage paperwork. Quite a few people are refinancing now. Back during the big artificial housing market boom I knew a couple people that worked late in to the night at home completing mortgage applications.

Quote:
Do you have a local "Craigslist"? That is a good place to advertise, too (and free). I would try to come up with basic salary & days/hours available, too. Maybe check into what local Daycares & Nannies are charging to see what the "market" is like in your area.

Also a couple things that will help and "increase your value" are;
-being Child CPR certified
-getting your "clearances" (criminal background check and Child abuse check). Every state varies, but here in PA you can get them done online thru our state website, and they are about $10 - $12 for each of them. Or you could call your local Police & ask how to get them.
-Available references help, too. Even if not directly "child care" related, I wanted to know how responsible someone was, and if they were likely to SHOW UP when scheduled!!!

That type of stuff REALLY helped me find those who were more "professional" and committed to watching my kids... and I was willing to PAY for that quality!!

I too have been trying to find someone to help me with my 2 little ones at my own home. I need an inhome nanny bad but can't find anyone to do it. They will watch them in their own homes though. I just don't want to do that. I'd rather they be here where I can still supervise things. I'm hoping that since summer is coming up that I can find a high school girl to do it. You can go thru your local police dept. or online for a background check and send them to the hospital labs for drug testing.

My husband and I both worked for Alpine Access a couple of years ago. It was a great job for us as you can pick your own hours 24/7. He worked in the early mornings before leaving for his 'regular' job and I worked through the day for three or four hours at a time with my older children in charge upstairs.

You do have to have a quiet work environment and the supervisors do listen in at times to make sure you're doing things right/well.

They train you for a specific company (I worked for 1-800-Flowers for months and then one of those TV channels that sells things - people would call into me and I'd place their order -- really easy.)

You have to have a computer and special headset for your phone and high speed internet but that's it.... at least, when we were working for them - things could have changed since then.

another thing I had looked into,is a home nursery (plants) there is big money to be made with this..I didnt like it because of working weekends and holidays..as thats when most people are looking for shrubbery..google a site called "backyardnursery"..it would take some time to get started but I think there is lots of money to be made in it if your willing to put in the time and labor..

Quote:
Does the internet have to be DSL or can sattelite internet work? We can only get sattelit internet for HS and someplaces do not accept that.

We sell alot of things on craigslist. We average about $100 a week. It's not much but it's something. You can also work for your newspaper stuffing and delivery. If you have the bag or a small community newspaper you can do the same thing. I do that I have about 960 houses on wednesday for the community newspaper and I have 561 houses for the bag (has local advertisements and stuff for walmart/kmart/etc) I make about $250 every two weeks. It pays some bills like my internet and I am able to contribute to the other bills.

Best thing about the newspaper is that I can stay at home with Sophie while she plays and I can either take her with me to deliver or if I want when my Husband gets off work I can leave her at home with him and get some alone time to myself.

lockedhearts asked:
Does the internet have to be DSL or can sattelite internet work? We can only get sattelit internet for HS and someplaces do not accept that.

Since I haven't done it for a couple of years I don't know what their current requirements are. Here's their link: http://www.alpineaccess.com/en/

Quote:
Since I haven't done it for a couple of years I don't know what their current requirements are. Here's their link: http://www.alpineaccess.com/en/

Their requirements are still the same as of the first of the year. One thing they also require is a background check and credit report. If you have filed bankruptcy, you will not be accepted. The lady I talked to was VERY sure to make that a point.

There is also ChaCha.com, people text questions to you and you look up the answer online for them. You get paid by the number of answers you give which I think is 9-12 cents per reply. Of course you need internet service but it's really easy and you can make a decent check if you really work at it.

Back
Top Bottom