Any 'Lord of the Rings' fans out there?

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
love.gif

My SO and I just watched all 3 movies this past week.

I saw 'The Fellowship of the Ring' about 8 times in theaters and have seen it out of theaters countless times.
I love all 3 but it is my fav.

My SO just discovered them a few months ago (I have the 2nd one here the 1st one at my dads and never bought the 3rd). He saw the 2nd and just HAD to see the others. My local blockbuster didnt have the first (someone never returned it) so he had to settle for watching the 3rd. Well a few days ago I was looking around in the BB and noticed they had the 1st one so I rented it for him (and myself
tongue.png
). Then we just HAD to watch all 3 of them in order over the next few days (hey thats cool with me!).

Im sad there is only 3. I want more!
hit.gif

I can not WAIT for 'The Hobbit' to come out. Though it wont be the same...
I will want Frodo and Sam and Aragorn and Legolas...

Anyone else love LOTR?

I loved the series. My babysitter read The Hobbit to me when i was 5 and I was hooked then. I read all the books in junior high and again as an adult. I was really pleased with how Peter Jackson got so much of the books into the movies. Usually when a movie is made of a book, I'm disappointed because so much is not there, but these movies were great.

I really like Viggo Mortensen too, so that was just a big bonus too.

I am a Tolkien nerd.

WHen I was in the fifth grade they showed the cartoon about the Hobbit. A year later, I found the book. Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. It saved me from a lot of problems. OTher girls my age were putting on make up and dating boys. I was fighting imaginary battles with evil and trasversing through the woods with Bilbo. LOL

Yeah. I was a nerd.
tongue.png

YEAH!!!! I love them!!! My mom and big sis love them too. We have all 3! The firts is not my fav. I dont know if i like the 2nd or the 3rd best! lol Its snowing here and i should watch them! Thanks for the idea!lol

Chicken Girl

By the way, the part in the first LOTR when the Ringwraiths are sniffing for Frodo scared the heck out of me. LOTR is not horror but the way, Tolkien described that was frightening.

I never read the books.
Ive known of the hobbit since I was young but never ready any of them...

I think I should...

When yall read the books then saw the characters on screen..is that what you pictured?

Quote:
I don't think that the characters were far off as far as my imagination works.

Strider/Aragon looks much better looking then I imagined him to be.

How about names?
Some of the names I see spelled out... with all the special characters...
How do you learn to pronounce them??
Where did he even come up with such beautifuly weird names?!

Quote:
I pronounced almost every name wrong. LOL

I was calling Legolas Lee Gol us. I was very surprised when I heard the correct pronunciation.
tongue.png

Quote:
I pronounced almost every name wrong. LOL

I was calling Legolas Lee Gol us. I was very surprised when I heard the correct pronunciation.
tongue.png

haha I know!! His was the hardest for me! I pronounced much like you..

Have yall seen this site??
http://www.tuckborough.net/

Ive been lost for hours on it before..
Its kinda like reading a book on a character. Gives you all the history on each character, the land, battles, animals..

Awesome stuff..

Back
Top Bottom