Any luck with solar powered fake owls against hawks??

Granny23

Songster
Aug 2, 2021
Fontana, California
I have 3 fake owls in my yard and on occasion small hawks fly around with no problems. Im wondering if anyone has tried the red eyed and/or moving head type owls, from Amazon or ? If so are they working??
We have coyotes around on occasion too. Wondering if that would help with them too in case they decided to hit my yard.

Last edited:
I have 3 fake owls in my yard and on occasion small hawks fly around with no problems. Im wondering if anyone has tried the red eyed and/or moving head type owls, from Amazon or ? If so are they working??
I have had some hawk issues in the past with my girls, and I ended up buying an owl with a moving head from tractor supply and I haven't seen one since. I have probably had it for about 5-6 months and no deaths at all.

I have had some hawk issues in the past with my girls, and I ended up buying an owl with a moving head from tractor supply and I haven't seen one since. I have probably had it for about 5-6 months and no deaths at all.
Thats awesome.!!! I live in the city and coop my little flock at night but during the day I let them out into my yard. Im gonna get a red eyed head moving one!! Thanks!!

I am rural. We have plenty of predators both aerial and ground. I stopped free ranging many years ago due to losses from predators. I extended my pens but I have the room. I also covered all of the pens and put electric wires around my coops and pens and concrete under the gates. Now no more issues. Somewhere on BYC there is a picture by a member who did put netting up over the section of her yard where she let the birds roam in. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom