Any musicians around?

What do you mean transpose to C?
Again thank you!

it’s time for music lesson. Certain instruments are in different keys. For example, your ocarina is in the key of C. My clarinet is in the key of B-flat. If I wanted to play a song in the key of C on an instrument in the key of B-flat, need to know how to transpose music to the right key.

Transpose simply means changing a piece or instrument from one key to another.

To do this, you need to know scales and notes of each key very well. The key of C has no sharps or flats in its scale. The key of B-flat on the other hand has two flats, B-flat and E-flat, in its scale.

Some instruments are easier to transpose than others. For the ukulele, just use a capo. For piano, it’s a matter of knowing the scales, and so on.

i’m sure someone else will chime in with more information. I’m not an expert at music, but I’m pretty good.

This is the Song of Time. Pretty simple.

If you get good enough, you can do this song from Majoras Mask on the Ocarina.

Thank you so so much, I really appreciate it!
I’ve looked on the Internet for videos on how to play some of the legend of Zelda songs, but not many of them are out there, and I’m very lucky you are here to help. :hugs

it’s time for music lesson. Certain instruments are in different keys. For example, your ocarina is in the key of C. My clarinet is in the key of B-flat. If I wanted to play a song in the key of C on an instrument in the key of B-flat, need to know how to transpose music to the right key.

Transpose simply means changing a piece or instrument from one key to another.

To do this, you need to know scales and notes of each key very well. The key of C has no sharps or flats in its scale. The key of B-flat on the other hand has two flats, B-flat and E-flat, in its scale.

Some instruments are easier to transpose than others. For the ukulele, just use a capo. For piano, it’s a matter of knowing the scales, and so on.

i’m sure someone else will chime in with more information. I’m not an expert at music, but I’m pretty good.
You are doing great!:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom