Any Of You Breed, Sell, and Ship Baby Corn Snakes ?

RAREROO

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
Hi

I am thinking about getting a/some cornsnakes and an looking for a cheaper source than most of the ones I have found on the internet, I am particularly interested in any of the following : Regular red wild type colored ones, Miami phase, Amelanistic, Snow, or Butter but I may consider others. Please let me know if you have any or know of a resonable priced source for them.

Thanks

Last edited:
Its been a long time since I've bought snakes off someone on the internet, but I will tell you www.Kingsnake.com is the absolutely best classifieds for looking around for breeders and 'middle men' companies to buy snakes from. I would only suggest staying away from the huge distributors as I feel they can't know anything about the individual snakes as they have way too many that come and go and they have to care for. Shipping snakes is like shipping chicks and this time of year is a good time to ship them, shoot I've had a brazillian rainbow boa shipped to me in Dec, get lost in transit for 3 days and make it to me alive
wink.png
they are pretty darn hardy if they are kept decently warm.

Good luck, even though I'm not a corn snake fan lol - but I love snakes in general and am glad to see other folks interested in them as well!
smile.png

take care!

This is going to sound really strange, but has anyone ever heard of ordering/buying something along the lines of a king snake that I could get and turn loose in my barn to eat mice? I don't know if that is possible or not, but the big black snake that used to live here seems to have moved on, and I am being over run with mice. Traps can't keep up, and I won't use poison because it wouldn't be safe for all my free range chickens, goats, etc.

Quote:
Doesnt sound strange at all to me, we used to catch wild oak/rat/king snakes that we would find and turn them loose in my grandparents feed barn to take care of the rats. In my opinion for your case it would probably be better to find a wild one and turn it loose it there, so far from what I have been reasearching in looking for cornsnakes to buy online it would be around at $50 at a very minimum for one snake including shipping and king snake prices have been a bit more than the cornsnakes. Also, they are captive bred snakes and most of them are fed prekilled pinkie mice so they may not be as atp to really go after wild ones, so If I was in your situation I would spread the word that I am looking for a non venomous snake for that purpose and surely someone will be able to find you some kind of rat or king snake to fit the bill. Also do a search on youtube for bucket rat traps. It is basicly puting some kind of rig on a open bucket with water in it and the weight of the mice caused them to fall into the bucket of water and they drownd and it can catch a bunch of mice instead of just one and then haveing to rest the trap. There are also metal traps that work like quail traps for baiting and catching a bunch of mice at one time and then you submerge the cage in a bucket of water to drownd them and dump them out

Quote:
Thanks so much for the link, I have already found serveral resonably priced sources on that site and am waiting for shipping quotes.

I've got the cheapest option for you. Open up your local Yellow Pages and find the Critter Gitter (wild life relocation guy) Tell them that any snakes they want to relocate they can drop off at your place.

Corn snakes are Illegal in Ga. Any breeder willing to ship to you is risking getting in trouble themselves, or you'd be putting them at risk knowingly and they may not know.

if you want one do what we did and get one at an expo and take the risk upon yourself
smile.png

Quote:
Oh really ? I didnt know they were illegal and none of the breeders that I have contacted have mentioned it when I asked them about shipping prices and gave them my zip code so they know I am in Ga. Why are they illegal ?

I'm not sure, but when we were interested in snakes about a year ago they were not legal to own, now... obviously the police are not going to knock your door down over a cornsnake but it could be because we have a native population?

Back
Top Bottom