Any one into heavy couponing?

Okay please tell me how to get started saving them. I have tried several times and I just never get the whole doubling thing. I am horrible with math.

My library has a huge coupon bin that I sift through weekly for things I normally use but I want to be like you! LOL

I don't usually use coupons, only for the things I would buy if I didn't have the coupon, but when things go on sale, like Farmer John Weiners that cost $3.29 per package on sale for $.99 - I buy like 20. That goes for everything. Buy one, get ones, I am there. When hamburger goes on sales I stuff the freezer full of it.

ETA: No grocery stores here double anything ever.

Last edited:
Quote:
I cut every coupon out and save them all. I sort them by catagory or most of the time by the aisles in my store (example: cereal aisle will have cereal coupons, granola bar coupons, quaker oatmeal coupons, etc.; drinks section will have juice, soft drinks, drink mixes, coffee etc; dairy aisle will have cheese, butter, milk, yogurt; but I gave pillsbury refrigerated items their own section because I get so many of those coupons)

every sunday I buy at least 4 papers sometimes 7 depending on what I feel are the good coupons for me. like this past sunday, in my area's inserts were .75 off huggies wipes. this is an awesome coupon for me because it will double or triple, and I can get wipes extremely cheap. I don't use coupons as soon as I get them either, I will hold onto them, because most coupons are good for 4-6 weeks from the time you get them, so you have plenty of time to find a good deal.

also, one way to maximize the best deals in the store, is to get rainchecks when they are out of stock of something that you wanted that is on sale. and then use the rain check the next week or when ever. most of the time, rainchecks NEVER EXPIRE! I have a raincheck for the huggies wipes on sale for $2.50, so after the coupon is doubled I will get them for $1 per box, but if I wait until triples I will get them for .25 per box!!!
rainchecks are my new best friends.

I also wanted to add that I print coupons off the internet as well, from coupons.com, redplum.com, and smartsource.com

Last edited:
Love this thread! Yes, I coupon, stock-pile and all that.

HennyPenny, I'm down the road from you, and no, as far as I am aware, no one in WA does the double / triple coupons...however, having said that, lately Albertsons has been including a coupon in their weekly sales flyer, that will allow you to double a mfr coupon. Basically it is a blank coupon that allows you to fill in the amount, up to 1.00 off. So if you have a mfr coupon on something you use, you can double it by using one of Albertson's "blank" store coupons. Hope that made sense. I find Albertson's actually has the best weekly sales on things worth stocking up on.

But here's a last minute tip, our Top Foods, which is owned by Haggen, is having a 10 cents produce sale through mid-night tonight. 10 cents each for lemons, oranges, Braeburn/Fuji/Granny Smith apples, kiwi and onions. I went last week and stocked up, and went again today to stock up again.

My biggest tip is to really shope the sales flyers. Here in WA they go from Wednesday thru Tuesday midnight. I usually get them in the mail on Tuesday and will immediately go to Ebay and order coupons for things that are on special that I need to stock up on. The coupons come in a few days, and you still have a few days to shop the sale with them.

One word: my sister. She is now joining the fad of "strateagic couponing"
tongue.png
She was visiting us over easter and she was on our computer printing off cupons, while I was patiently waiting to use it. To go on byc of course!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm so jealous... I'd have to drive to Everett to get to a Top Foods, and I can't justify the hour-ish drive. I like the Albertson's in Gig Harbor, but the one here is just yucky. Very small, out of the way, and DIRTY.
sad.png
I know I could shop their sales but can't bring myself to.

Oh, and I don't subscribe to the paper, my Freddies just has their weekly ads right inside the doors for anyone to take!

we TOTALLY do its.. and to all they haters that pooh-pooh it and say they dont have time.. HA!

we are having grocery wars between two big chains right now in our area. i get coupons for $5 off $50 worth of purchases (and yes we stick to $50) a trip....then buy on items on sale using coupons, then use the 'fuel points' to fill up our big ol' F250 work truck for FREE... then drive it across town to use the store coupons at the other place, get their $5 off for $50... and totally stock up on 10 for 10 items... i've saved so much money you cant even believe it.

and because i'm so linear and never thought of this (duh!) if there are really good coupons in the sunday paper - THEN BUY ANOTHER PAPER and use those too!

and b/c i buy the same stuff i sometimes get FREE stuff from the stores - they send out mailers with personalized coupons.

yay!

Back
Top Bottom