Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

OK... I have young birds. They can lay a lot in their first year.... But the Second girl just laid her first egg yesterday. The other girl laid yesterday as well.... So today should be a day off right?

I guess my girls like me.... or all the treats I have been giving them.
wink.png

Now is that start of the long wait for my little Gold Star... She is at 8 weeks old and my little Cuckoo Murans are only 1 month old.

Still nothing from my girls, not even a sign! I have two groups of Ameraucanas at 37 weeks and 33 weeks. I find they always tend to start laying later but sheesh! I think they've broken my previous record for longest wait. Most of them have filled out, but no squatting or interest in the nesting boxes.

I'm driving to a nearby farm to pick up 24 Maran eggs to set on Friday. I need a distraction from my egg waiting, and if they're not going to do their job, it's time to bring in some back-ups.
big_smile.png

I had major blue egg envy of CatSol, but yesterday I got this surprise

And on the same day I got this huge whopper egg. I almost feel sorry for whoever laid it (in the middle) egg to the right is a standard store bought egg for comparison.

Today I cracked it, and it was a double yolk. Pretty cool!

Still nothing from my girls, not even a sign! I have two groups of Ameraucanas at 37 weeks and 33 weeks. I find they always tend to start laying later but sheesh! I think they've broken my previous record for longest wait. Most of them have filled out, but no squatting or interest in the nesting boxes.

I'm driving to a nearby farm to pick up 24 Maran eggs to set on Friday. I need a distraction from my egg waiting, and if they're not going to do their job, it's time to bring in some back-ups.
big_smile.png
Wow, I'm at 23 weeks, and was busting a gut! I guess you have to pay dearly for those blue/green eggs Brooster! Hang in there,, with the longer days, it'll happen soon!
One good sign...Kenny Rogers, my EE roo, is getting pretty protective of his girls.

GReat picture,, he is a handsome devil! I want some of those!
I had major blue egg envy of CatSol, but yesterday I got this surprise

And on the same day I got this huge whopper egg. I almost feel sorry for whoever laid it (in the middle) egg to the right is a standard store bought egg for comparison.

Today I cracked it, and it was a double yolk. Pretty cool!
How amazing Sarita! Those double yokers are super! Congrats, love the blue egg.. I def have blue egg envy of you all!

So, after amazing yesterday with my first egg, I had to out of town, but DH went out to the coop to find ANOTHER EGG today!

I assumed it was from the same hen, but I don't think so,, different shape and color,, could I have another girl laying? woo hoo!

What do you guys think?

I am still waiting, We build them a new nesting box, to hopefully encourage our girls. I am not in a super rush though, as my 1 became ill and we are now treating them all to make sure they are healthy. Everyone is doing great! A couple more days and they will be off there antibiotics and then I will be really anxious for them to star laying.. I have noticed they are starting to redden in the face. My girl, Styx has been checking out the nest box and her face is reddening up a lot.

My Ladies:
RIR: Orencia
Cochin: Styx
Game Fowl: Tully
Blue Laced Red Wyndotte: Rosie, I am blaming her on them becoming sick, she is an outsider from my 3 girls, She should be laying I believe, if not perhaps a chicken dinner! ;)

Back
Top Bottom