Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Got Egg #3 today in spite of some stress for them yesterday where high winds destroyed their pen. They were unhurt, thankfully. I usually don't let them free range except in the afternoon but with no pen, they had the whole day out. Maybe that was helpful in smoothing things over and I was graced with another egg. Reconstructed a smaller, temporary pen today, since I won't be able to let them fr tomorrow.

One of my other hens are laying! I'm not sure who it was though....all i know is it was a probably one of my brown egg layers (Maran or Barred Rock). And it sucks because the egg came out soft.

Hey Guys, Here is the daily fodder update. Growing quite well. The fodder has been going for 5.5 days right now and it went from 3.25" yesterday morning to 5.25 this morning. I think it will be ready for the girls tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Here is the daily fodder update. Growing quite well. The fodder has been going for 5.5 days right now and it went from 3.25" yesterday morning to 5.25 this morning. I think it will be ready for the girls tomorrow morning.

Loving the updates. I may have missed it but what is the diameter and height of that bowl it's growing in, just for reference. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom