Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I'm still waiting, I heard the egg song the other night, not sure who sang it. The pullets are supposed to be laying in a couple of weeks according to the person from the hatchery where I bought them. Here are a few, they are gold laced and silver laced wyandottes.

14 week old

This is Racer see how red her face is? She's an olive egger

Liza my easter egger

Daisy ( though I'm not feeling this a s her name still, she loves blueberries!) Olive egger

Raven, 16 weeks, black maran, notice missing the marans name as I can tell shes not full breed

Not sure how Racer got in again LOL

Fancy Pants (Pickles sister) also 16 week

Not much for combs yet, but growing like crazy!

Daisy ( though I'm not feeling this a s her name still, she loves blueberries!) Olive egger

Not much for combs yet, but growing like crazy!
Hi Debbie!!!!

So good to see you, and lovin the pics of the new girls.. er... and guy?? Hope not..but I have to agree he is looking suspect. The hackle feathers fuller and looking a bit pointy.. but at that age, I would think more comb? So funny too.. my first girl that was mis sexed was a Columbian Wyandotte named... "Daisy"... whose name was changed to "Duke". He only lasted 8 months as he started attacking us all far too much... bye bye!

Keep us posted, and so happy to see ya!

MB

at 18 weeks my flock has started giving me a few eggs. My comets(2) lay everyday already. The leghorns(2) I get an egg a day so don't know if it's each one every other day. Nothing from my amuracanna's yet.

Hi Marcy! those eggs will be coming soon enough... those combs looking nice and red. What an elegant lady Barb is.. beautiful!

MB
She is pretty bossy. She is the first one out of the nest in the morning and usually one of the last in. Elly, one of the gold lace is usually the last in. She will come back out to go in after Barb. Sometimes they go in and out several times before staying in at night.

Back
Top Bottom