any professional painters out there?

Me & My Peeps :

Zinsser IS the best for your application. I have used it on fire restorations for smoke damage. Sprayed on with an airless sprayer it completely encapsulates it and youll never smell it again. If you can put off the installers for a few days, I can also point you to a product that is used to dissolve smells and break down liquids from crime scenes . (really) its good stuff and reasonably priced at about $50/QT but you cut it 4 to 1 or so. The site also has other, less aggressive options as well but if your going to be covering it up with flooring, it will be too late if a lesser product does not work.

Good luck

yes I love Zinsser but was to lazy to drive to the next town over (about 30 mon 1 way) to get it... thats one downfall of a small town....​

Quote:
the kilz is an oil base and to be honest thats the one hope i have right now... i used a LOT... I dumped it and just spread it around

I always always use Zinsser ... I need to learn to trust my gut!

What are you going to do after you seal the the wood? Put carpet back down?

If it was me that is what I would do use killz and then once dry. I would lay down whatever I wanted on the floor after that.

Quote:
the kilz is an oil base and to be honest thats the one hope i have right now... i used a LOT... I dumped it and just spread it around

I always always use Zinsser ... I need to learn to trust my gut!

What are you going to do after you seal the the wood? Put carpet back down?

If it was me that is what I would do use killz and then once dry. I would lay down whatever I wanted on the floor after that.

NOPE! once the carpet nightmare is gone its done... I bought bamboo flooring for that room and 1 other room

Thats good! Me too very soon the carpet will be gone. Did you have white carpet like me? Why in the world anyone puts in such light colored carpet is beyond me.

If it's a quality brand name and it says for stains, it'll seal...An oil base primer is an excellent bonding primer...If you washed with TSP, I'd think that's about the best you can do.

thanks Royd
fl.gif
heres hoping

Dar,I only have 20+ years of commercial,industrial and residential painting exprience so my opinion may not count. The oil-based Kilz will be just fine!
Zinzar makes a very good product,but Kilz has been in the sealant business just as long.

Back
Top Bottom