Any serama and barbu d'anver bantam keepers here?

hebe5

Songster
6 Years
Aug 19, 2016
UK
Hi there,

Just wanted a little advice....

I was down to three seramas but lost one recently. I think I would like to keep to three little birdies as I'd like to bring them in for the winter and I think my indoor rabbit cage is a good fit for three. I have fallen in love with the barbu d'anvers breed but have never actually seen one in real life. Are they a comparable size to a class C serama and would they be suitable to come inside with my two seramas over winter?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

I do not know of anyone working with Barbu d'Anvers. You might check and see if there are any breed clubs listed on Feathersite.com. Other than that you can check the NPIP listings by state and see if anyone has registered that breed.

These are the two pullets we had, next to two game bantams for size comparison. I hope it helps.
20190520_190956.jpg

If they are accustomed to living together now they should be fine. If not I would try to introduce them while still outdoors before confining them together in such a small living space. What sexes and ages are they?

Yes, belgian barbu d'anvers are what I was thinking of. I still can't visualise how big they would be compared to my seramas - I think I'll have to go and actually see some.

Thanks all :)

Back
Top Bottom