any suggestions because i have NO idea. lots of pics

prov31gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
over the mountain
some i know, some i have no clue, maybe you do?
here are the ducks, anconas i know, but what are the black ones? cayuga? khaki cambell?
29687_2010_03_11_054.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_049.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_052.jpg

and now these black and yellow ones, the more chipmonk type blacks are feather legged, the more solid black wwith yellow bellies are clean legged. of the chipmonk ones,some have speckeldy heads, and some have black eyeliner markings. i think 2 different breeds, but maybe 3?
29687_2010_03_11_056.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_069.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_066.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_057.jpg

now the polish, i think they are white crested black polish, but one has a dotty face, so maybe mottled houdan?
29687_2010_03_11_076.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_078.jpg

and then there are these yellow chipmonks, too light to be red sex links i think, they are yellow with tan stripes.
29687_2010_03_11_080.jpg

29687_2010_03_11_082.jpg

and we have a few of these guys, no stripes, just orange chicks with yellow bellies, thought they loked like our rir but they have some markings, and these dont.
29687_2010_03_11_086.jpg

also, we got 2 black silkie bantams, oe was smooshed on the bottom, really sad, it was still alive, but couldnt open its eyes or peep, its bek was moving like it wanted to peep, but no noise, it died in my hand, it was so sad. i thought the other was on its way out too, ot wasnt much better, but could peep very softly, i have only slept 2 hours , i nursed that little lonely silkie all night expecting it to die any minute, well, at 3:30 am, and i tried one last time to get it to take some sugar water, and it did! it stood up too! and later it pecked at the mash! and now its eating and drinking a little on its own and walking around! it still looks wobbly, but it might make it, i hope it does. here it is. i put it in its own little brooder, (diaper box) with the polish, they seem to keep it company and since they are a little smaller and lighter, they dont mash him.
29687_2010_03_11_055.jpg

Last edited:
im so pleased with this hatchery suprise, super mix! i was also happy , and sad, that i had only 1 death. the only thing that could have made it better would be turkeys. but this is great. we plan to sell some, but that poor little silkie is mine.
im also thinking some of the smaller black and yellows may be black standard oegb. and perhaps one of the speckeldy white and grays may be an ee. any thoughts?

Geez, now I want ducklings!

The light ones with the orange stripes are red sex links.
The dark orange one looks to be NHR (possibly RIR, but mine wasn't that orange)
Picture #5 Australorp maybe?
I think your polish is a white crested.

Quote:
are you talking about the yellow ones with chipmunk markings? i thought they would be too light in color, we had some red sexlinks from tsc, they were a darker color, these are pretty much yellow and tan. but i guess they could be, well just have to see here in a few weeks,
id like to sell some on craigs list but i think i should have an idea of what they are before i advertise them. so any help is REALLY appreciated!

The black ones look like the cayugas I got as chicks. They also could be chocolate runners?? But their feet look too dark for those. Best bet are cayugas

Black and yellow chicks= ausrolup? (I know I didn't spell that right)

Last edited:
Quote:
are you talking about the yellow ones with chipmunk markings? i thought they would be too light in color, we had some red sexlinks from tsc, they were a darker color, these are pretty much yellow and tan. but i guess they could be, well just have to see here in a few weeks,
id like to sell some on craigs list but i think i should have an idea of what they are before i advertise them. so any help is REALLY appreciated!

Picture #10 and #11 are your red sex links.

Back
Top Bottom