Any suggestions for shipping a dog??

FLchook

Songster
12 Years
Oct 27, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hi guys,

My sister is moving home from Hawaii while her hubby is deployed to Afganastan, but they are finding a big problem shipping their dog. They have an American Bulldog, and most airlines will not take any short nosed dogs.
idunno.gif
so were looking for other options, hopefully something less then $1,100 shes finding now.
fl.gif

Since she is not moving on official orders, the Army will not pay for the transport of the pets.

Does anyone have any suggestions? or experiences?

Thanks!

I believe some airlines allow the owner to carry the dog in the cabin with them for the price of a ticket. I would not recommend putting a bulldog in the cargo hold of a plane.

American Bulldog is 70lbs. Unless they let him have his own seat, that's not happening LOL

Whats the problem with bulldogs in cargo?? I've heard several people mention it, but no one really knew why. Just curious, but the bulldog part is whats giving the biggest of problems.

Quote:
I'm going to guess it has to do with the air thinning, and breathing issues???
Could be wrong but this is what I would guess

Quote:
Um, yeah, for the price of a ticket you do get a seat. Poor pressure and temp control in the hold makes travelinjg there hard on any animal and especially so on one that we have physically modified so radically in our selective breeeding process.

I have a friend who takes his full grown Boxer with him on trips all the time, he flies on American airlines and the dog sits right next to him. He says the flight attendants love the dog and are always bringing the dog treats.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom