Any suggestions what breed this rooster is?

Nestor

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 17, 2013
Austin, Texas

Hi BYC Friends,
I rescued / given a rooster that was destined for the grill. But neither I and the previous owner know what breed it is. I was told that it was a game rooster and I find that to be true, as it demonstrates aggression.

IMO aggressive roosters belong on the grill!
x2
hide.gif

He's definitely got some Game in him, plus something else.... Rhode Island Red???

He's a "barn yard mix." There could easily be three or four breeds in him, it's hard to say exactly what.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Thanks for your responses! I did a little research and found a game rooster that looks like it. It's a Pumpkin Hulsey that's been cleaned up for cockfighthing. So if anything I'm thinking it's has some of this breed. I have to say though, I actuall like his fire.

Hello everyone,
Thanks for your responses! I did a little research and found a game rooster that looks like it. It's a Pumpkin Hulsey that's been cleaned up for cockfighthing. So if anything I'm thinking it's has some of this breed. I have to say though, I actuall like his fire.

he not cleaned up for fighting he is clean for showing. game breeds have to be dubed in order to be shown.

your rooster is just a barnyard mutt nothing more sorry

Back
Top Bottom