Any teens on BYC?? Teen talk thread. (Older/younger ppl also welcome!) Lets talk self sufficiency. :)

I forgot a picture of my turtles!
20210607_205525.jpg

Alright y'all.... I'm starting another "chicken garden" soon. My 1st chicken garden has tomatoes, watermelon, all types of greens and cucumber! Anybody know of some things I can grow that the chickens (and other birds) will love? I started my whole garden basically from fruits/veggies bought from Walmart. I did that as a challenge for myself just to see how many things you can grow from storebought fruits/veggies. :) it worked out great!

Ok so... since I am working towards being more self sufficient and making my own little homestead I have decided to give myself a monthly goal to complete. I can complete more than one goal in 1 month BUT I can NOT skip a month without doing anything. This months projects I will be starting a big worm bed! I will be using worms in my garden, to feed my birds and of course my favorite..... FISHING!!! Next month my goal will be either starting another chicken garden or starting a new hydroponic setup with tilapia.... I just like to challenge myself to do new things. You never know if you will like something unless you try it. I'll try pretty much anything once. 😂 If I don't die I try it again! Anyways just wanted to share my new monthly goal idea just in case some of you want to try and challenge yourself to do the same! If y'all do feel free to post about it here! <3 oh and if y'all can think of any cool stuff I could try one month let me know!

Back
Top Bottom