Any thoughts on this polish?

Usually they say the pullets have a rounded bouffant crest while the males have crazy rock star crests. The crest on yours doesn't look like either of them. Maybe it's still making up it's mind what it wants to be when it grows up.

If I had to guess, I would say roo.

My polish hens were raised from chicks, and they never really lost their puffy crest. It looks thinner as it went from feathers to down, but still kept the shape.

My roo on the other hand, looked all kinds of weird as he grew up. More importantly, as they all grew feathers in, the roo was the only one that still had the ability to SEE below his crest. And that's what I'm looking at the most here.

The way he holds himself up like that also stands out to me. And in the very first picture, there is a single long feather starting to grow out on his neck - perhaps the very first sign of a roo's long, thin neck feathers. I hope that helps, but keep us updated either way! :)

Hes absolutely adorable! My guess would also be roo by looking at his crest. . The females crest is usually much rounder. I could be wrong but I think that the way his crest looks and how he holds himself is much like a rooster. Let us know when your certain of sex but my guess is also a roo. He's so handsome! I just love the polish breed! Best wishes

smile.png
Thanks all!! I was really hoping it was a pullet, but my gut has been telling me roo for the past few weeks just due to stance, attitude and the way the crest/feathers are looking. Still keeping my fingers crossed it's just an assertive pullet!!

I live in the country with one neighbor across the road, house is at the end of a long driveway, so I'm hoping a polish crow isn't too loud and obnoxious. They told me they wouldn't mind if I had a rooster, but I doubt they are aware that roosters crow all day long...

Back
Top Bottom