Any Tips for Breeding Blue Dacnis, Ruddy Breasted Seedeaters, and Strawberry finches?

birds4c

Songster
Mar 6, 2021
Does anyone have tips on breeding Blue Dacnis, Ruddy Breasted Seedeaters, and Strawberry finches? I just got some and am hoping to breed them!

Does anyone have tips on breeding Blue Dacnis, Ruddy Breasted Seedeaters, and Strawberry finches? I just got some and am hoping to breed them!
Lots of varied and secluded nesting sites. Mealworms, hard boiled egg or store bought egg food. Live foods will greatly improve your chances of success with Strawberry finches. The other two species I never owned.

Lots of varied and secluded nesting sites. Mealworms, hard boiled egg or store bought egg food. Live foods will greatly improve your chances of success with Strawberry finches. The other two species I never owned.
Ok great! I have nests for them to choose, store bought egg food, dried mealworms, and more bird supplements. There’s some greenery in the aviary for them too. Hopefully, they’ll like their new home!

Ok great! I have nests for them to choose, store bought egg food, dried mealworms, and more bird supplements. There’s some greenery in the aviary for them too. Hopefully, they’ll like their new home!
Sounds great. Some spoiled fruit to get maggots will go over big when they have chicks; provided that's doable. Strawberrys are a delight-enjoy! Do not put society finches with them; way to intrusive and you will not get any offspring from the other species.

Back
Top Bottom