any1 ever tried hatching a dyed egg, or got dyed chicks?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bock_Bock, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    like the eggs yo dye for easter, wouldnt it be funny to dye and egg and the chick hatched out like a rainbow lol,just wondering if you dyed the egg will it kill the fetus or deform it in anyway? and what do you think about the chicks dyed by shooting dye inside the egg the last few days of incubation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Good Ol Gibby

Good Ol Gibby New Egg

Jan 6, 2009
    Argos, Indiana
    Ha! That's funny. Not sure. I always dye hard boiled eggs.[​IMG]

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I don't know... this sounds like a challenge?!?!

If it works, it scared me that people will start dying white eggs and selling them as new colors of easter eggers!?

4. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    im sure someone tried it before lol wiw ill have purple easter eggers and sky blue easter eggers and orange easter eggers and red easter eggers im going to go look for a story to see if someone did this before

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
  6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:They look like a bunch of candy [​IMG]

7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    yea those are food colored injected eggs im talking bout dyed eggs like at easter time

8. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    there's a link to the how to: scroll down to projects http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/avianemb.htm

i
    had some colored chicks last year and some of the colorant on doesn't always grow "out". their legs and skin stayed colored

ohh were talking about dying just the shell? yes a vinager bath would most likely kill them

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  9. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:They look like a bunch of candy [​IMG]

OMG I have never seen such a thing! almost scary yet cute???? I wonder how many of them sell.... Cant be good for them although the roos might like the extra colors make him think he's prettier [​IMG]

10. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I'm sure kids go crazy over them, but I wouldn't want one. I like 'em just the way mother nature makes them. Wouldn't surprise me if the dye has lasting affects too. They remind me of the Peeps marshmallow snacks at Easter...except I certainly wouldn't eat the little fluffy butts, just the marshmallows! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by