Anybody due today 9/26? 3 so far

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justmeandtheflock, Sep 26, 2009.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I started with 19 of cj's silky eggs and tossed 10 at day 8 so I have 9 in there now that I think were still alive on day 18. I started day 21 at 5 pm last night. I had 2 pips when I got home last night but one is in the wrong end. That one had made a pretty big hole in the egg and has it's beak sticking out. It is still moving and cheeping in there. I got one more pip last night and another this morning so 4 trying to get out. It looks like the 3rd one to pip is zipping now. The cheeping is getting louder.

I have to go run the kids around now so I will ge gone for a few hours which has to be a good thing. I really want to reach in there and help them out. I thouhgt for sure I would have seen more progress by now [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. robbdebbie

robbdebbie Professional Chicken Bather

Jun 18, 2009
    Madisonville, LA
    I am not due today, but I have one turkey pipping. It is also taking a long time. Good luck. I have some of cj's eggs in the bator now, but they aren't due to hatch until next month.

Debbie

3. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Noisy peep was born at 3:10 pm [​IMG] He is cheeping his brothers and sisters on like crazy [​IMG] It's so cute when he flops o his back and decides to take a little nap [​IMG] His belly looks a little red but not too bad. He seems very strong based on the peeping.

My wrong end baby is still very much alive but I am sure that it piped through a blood vessel. My humidity dropped so I had to get open it to get more water in there so I grabbed the egg and picked a small piece off. The membrane underneath has dried blood on it. The good thing is that she protested very loudly to being picked up so she still has a fighting chance.

As of right now I have 1 hatch, 1 zip and 3 more pips including my wrong ender. There are 4 that haven't done anything yet [​IMG]

4. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Quote:How is the turkey doing? Good luck with the silkies [​IMG]

5. Im really due tomorrow. I have 4 RIR that are pipped right now. My EEs haven't piped at all. 1 of my RIR hatched but she didn't make it.

6. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I am so sorry about the RIR [​IMG] I am afraid that is going to happen to my little one that piped the wrong end. It seems like the ones that piped yesterday are having a harder time than the ones that piped today. The one that made it out didn't pipe until after 9 am today.

7. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Intorducing Noisy Peep [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Cutie!

9. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    What a cutie! I loaned my neighbor my incubator, their daughter is 13 and hatching 5 eggs ~ her first time.

She is 3 for 3 with the eggs set on day 1 ~ we'll see how the other two do that she set on day 2.

I told her I was JEALOUS that 2 hatched on day 19 and one on day 20!!!!! She is hooked! [​IMG]

10. We got a LIVE one! One of the eggs have completely hatched out. 2 of them that were piped were having a struggle so I kept an eye on them. The shells were falling off as they kick and move around but it looks like something is stuck to them. Is that what I was reading in a before post which the person called it Siran Wrap? What should I do?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by