Anybody else have 45 animals or more?

Quote:
It's in the Eastern coal fields. (most people around here are coal miners) It's a real small town, not in area (it's proubly about as big as NY unless I'm wrong) put in population, it doesn't even really have a boundery with the other cities around it, they all just blend.

I have heard of Jeremiah - My family is from Letcher county ( Jenkins / McRoberts )

Really what's their names? I might know them

I have around 200 chickens, 4 geese, about 8 plus turkeys wild type not sure how many poults since they hatch out their own and haven't counted all the babies. 2 ducks, 20+ piegons, 7 pheasants, 1 rabbit and 1 dog and 1 lizard.

I do! I have alot of chickens(Not sure how many but more than 40) 5 cats,2 dogs,2 bunnies,a goat,and a turtle!
I want more though...
hide.gif
Ducks mostly! Another cat couldn't hurt...
tongue.png

Ok here we go.

5 Dogs
2 Cats
3 Rabbits
8 Goats
7 Ducks
6 Quail
25 Chicken's
Plus 5 on the way.

So I guess that's 61!!! Yikees and just got rid of a bunch of chicken's.

I have 126 chickens, 4 horses, 2 dogs, 5 cats and a big pond full of goldfish and frogs.
It doesn't seem like allot because most of them have names.
smile.png

Quote:
I read this one aloud to my DH (sitting at his desk playing Hardwood Spades). When I got to the end of the list, he said, "and a partridge in a pear tree...."
gig.gif
lau.gif

LOL, does he know me, when I recite our list of animals, I end it with a partridge in a pear tree......Sorry no partridge but pear tree....Oops forgot to say we do have 2 kinds of geese, 3 colors of guineas, and blessings beyond belief.......Tell your husband I like him! Welcome to our zooo...............I now think I mAY NEED TO SETTLE DOWN A BIT (actually I forgot to add 30 baby poults in a brooder!) Yikes and I wonder why the feed bill is so high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the thread.

My family thinks I've lost my mind getting chickens. Now I'm thinking I'm normal
smile.png
But my DH can't decide if he's relieved that I haven't gone this far yet....or scared to death I'm on my way.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Your welcome!
I didn't expect this thread to be such a hit! I just wondered if I was on the high end of the pet spectrum... turns out I'm barely in the medium part!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom