Anybody else have a thin faced goose?

Here are a few plus one that had a leaf stuck on its head yesterday haha, they’re a bit hissy but honestly sweethearts! let you stroke them and will eat out of your hand. They used to be 2 couples but around May/June this year they brought their baby goslings to us! So we’ve been watching them grow essentially 🥹 now their babies are almost indistinguishable from them but they still chirp like goslings haha.

We have a canal at the front of us and a bit river behind us so in some months we are a bit of a waterfowl hotspot

View attachment 3666291
View attachment 3666292
View attachment 3666295
I see lots of Canadian Geese on my bus route. There is a large flock of them that eat bugs early in the morning when I am taking my elementary children to school behind the school itself. There is a big field and they just all walk around each morning looking for bugs and eating grass. I love to see them fly in formation. A lot of ours never go South for the winter. Some do and some stay. Not sure what they eat when there is so much snow on the ground but they seem to survive. This is a beautiful picture of one. Ours are not so friendly. You can get really close at times depending on where they are though. Our shopping center parking lots have them at times and they will let you walk up to 3 feet from them before they take off.

Back
Top Bottom