Anybody else have a thin faced goose?

Unfortunately I’m not sure 😢 I have four domestic and the closest I’ve had to that is our more senior goose losing his mate. From my understanding it’s quite upsetting for a goose to be on its own especially if they are used to having a goose partner! Might be good to maybe look into adding to your goose flock if she isn’t getting along with the others?
My goose lost her mate in Feb 2021 she has lived in with the ducks and chickens ever since .I didn't want her spending the night in their house alone. She has done so well she has adopted 2 Runner ducks that hatched here In June of this year First mama Muscovy had them for 10 weeks when she was done Missy My goose took over and she and the 2 boys [yes both drakes] Have bonded and they are like Mama and sons. It's so precious.
It would have been much harder if Missy had of died and left my gander Sam alone he was so attached to her. IMG_2364.jpeg IMG_2351.jpeg

My goose lost her mate in Feb 2021 she has lived in with the ducks and chickens ever since .I didn't want her spending the night in their house alone. She has done so well she has adopted 2 Runner ducks that hatched here In June of this year First mama Muscovy had them for 10 weeks when she was done Missy My goose took over and she and the 2 boys [yes both drakes] Have bonded and they are like Mama and sons. It's so precious.
It would have been much harder if Missy had of died and left my gander Sam alone he was so attached to her. View attachment 3665837View attachment 3665838
That’s so lovely 🥹 it really touches my heart as missy is the name of the goose that our gander lost 😢. He was so lost without her and didn’t get along with ours too well, and ended up bonding more with the wild geese instead 😭 I wish I could do more for him, we even adopted an embden goose to see if he’d take to her as our 2 are a bit young but sadly no

That's so sad. Missy was definitely heartbroken when Sam passed he was close to 15 yrs old. But she took to the ducks and having these 2 Runners has really given her something to do that she loves being a mama. I thought long and hard about getting another goose but she took so well to the ducks I never did. I still miss that ornery boy he was Embden and they def have attitude he was her bodyguard and best bud. She really wants to bond with the 4 6 weeks old Ruuner females we have but they haven't quite warmed up to that. And today {I have them inside a dog X pen] till they are old enough to run around with everyone, but her 2 boys walked over the fence to see the little girls and Missy came with her head down and scared the girls away from the fence she is very protective of her 2 boys, but she will not win favor with the girls if she keeps this up. lol
You must have a pond to have wild geese there?

That's so sad. Missy was definitely heartbroken when Sam passed he was close to 15 yrs old. But she took to the ducks and having these 2 Runners has really given her something to do that she loves being a mama. I thought long and hard about getting another goose but she took so well to the ducks I never did. I still miss that ornery boy he was Embden and they def have attitude he was her bodyguard and best bud. She really wants to bond with the 4 6 weeks old Ruuner females we have but they haven't quite warmed up to that. And today {I have them inside a dog X pen] till they are old enough to run around with everyone, but her 2 boys walked over the fence to see the little girls and Missy came with her head down and scared the girls away from the fence she is very protective of her 2 boys, but she will not win favor with the girls if she keeps this up. lol
You must have a pond to have wild geese there?
Aww that’s so cute, so glad she was able to bond with others!! Our hissy (the gander) has become very protective of the wild geese too, our Sebastopol Polly tries to chase them (though doesn’t bite because she’s too soft) but Hissy always scares her away from them lol! And we live by the canal/river! Right next to it actually and 2 families of wild geese have just decided to make it their home too now lol

It would have been much harder if Missy had of died and left my gander Sam alone he was so attached to her. View attachment 3665837View attachment 3665838
They are all soooooo beautiful!!! That's great that they get along so well.

@ElGoose will you share some pics please?

We live above a mountain River but we rarely see geese on our part of the river it isn’t deep enough. :( Our son works about 3 miles from us and he said they had about 40 geese at their pond which is right on the river.

@ElGoose will you share some pics please?

We live above a mountain River but we rarely see geese on our part of the river it isn’t deep enough. :( Our son works about 3 miles from us and he said they had about 40 geese at their pond which is right on the river.

Here are a few plus one that had a leaf stuck on its head yesterday haha, they’re a bit hissy but honestly sweethearts! let you stroke them and will eat out of your hand. They used to be 2 couples but around May/June this year they brought their baby goslings to us! So we’ve been watching them grow essentially 🥹 now their babies are almost indistinguishable from them but they still chirp like goslings haha.

We have a canal at the front of us and a bit river behind us so in some months we are a bit of a waterfowl hotspot

IMG_5190.jpeg

IMG_5008.jpeg

IMG_7983.jpeg

What a nice place. And heartwarming to hear you like them. So many people move where there is water then want to remove the resident waterfowl who were there first.
That’s awful 😢 they’re so sweet if you’re nice to them! All bark and no bite, they’ll hiss but too timid to actually bite you hahaha! But yeah be absolutely love them, love going out to see them everyday!

Back
Top Bottom