Anybody else have a thin faced goose?

ElGoose

Songster
May 27, 2023
I always notice this about our Polly but it’s like she has no cheeks like our other geese, her head basically just blends seamlessly into her neck. Does anybody else have a goose like this? Is it normal? She’s definitely not underweight, I wonder if it’s just a facial feature.. both her and Sebastian (my chubby face boy who I was worried about in an earlier post) are only about 5 months old now. Both act very healthy eating and drinking and honking and running etc etc never really seem distressed or hurt.
IMG_7761.jpeg

IMG_7762.jpeg

I always notice this about our Polly but it’s like she has no cheeks like our other geese, her head basically just blends seamlessly into her neck. Does anybody else have a goose like this? Is it normal? She’s definitely not underweight, I wonder if it’s just a facial feature.. both her and Sebastian (my chubby face boy who I was worried about in an earlier post) are only about 5 months old now. Both act very healthy eating and drinking and honking and running etc etc never really seem distressed or hurt.
View attachment 3663053
View attachment 3663052
I've never seen a duck with such a slim head. It's very pretty! Let me see...

@WannaBeHillBilly @Miss Lydia @Luv Ducks @Canadian Wind
Those are all the people I can think of right now.
I don't have any geese (yet!). - But having over fifty ducks running around, i assume that slim face is nothing to worry about. If food and water goes into the front end and poop is released from the other end, if it honks and wags its tail it is a healthy goose.
The ducks have so many different faces, from slim to round to feisty and i assume that's the same with geese, chickens and basically any animal, except amoebae, they don't have faces…

I don't have any geese (yet!). - But having over fifty ducks running around, i assume that slim face is nothing to worry about. If food and water goes into the front end and poop is released from the other end, if it honks and wags its tail it is a healthy goose.
The ducks have so many different faces, from slim to round to feisty and i assume that's the same with geese, chickens and basically any animal, except amoebae, they don't have faces…
Aww that’s good to hear. I’m always a bit more worried about our Polly as she had some complications when she hatched ie crackling sound when breathing and overheating a lot, she’s grown out of most of it thankfully 💖

Back
Top Bottom