AnyBody else set to hatch this weekend?

Hey Scrap - my first three turkeys eggs ever are due this weekend too. So we're hatch companions
smile.png

I candled one two days ago, unless they grow tremendously fast mine will probably go Sun/Mon or even Tues. There's a little too much room yet in the small end for today to be the day.

This bator ran a tad low early on and it's been allowed to vary some lower on and off so I figure the wee buggers won't be any real hurry, though the chicks in the same batch, hatched the first day they were due.

Good luck to everyone!

LOL OMG I just added the new set of eggs to the bator... I hate waiting for the temps to stabilize -8 BBS Rocks, 8 PRs and 2 double yolked mutt eggs. One of which is the biggest egg I have ever seen. And yes, I am stagger hatching in a single bator. I am utterly and completely assimilated. I say assimilated because of course I am totally NORMAL, none of this is crazy.

So go turkeys and hello chickens.

Day 21 for me. So far no peeps or pips
sad.png
I am starting to get worried. I think I saw an eggs wiggling, but now I wonder if it was just my imagination. Good luck to everyone else!

Mine started hatching yesterday. Put in 31 eggs, tossed one at day 18 (dud). Current chick head count is 20 (I think) and 10 left to hatch (pipping and zipping still). I figure they will hatch out tonight, tomorrow at the latest.

These are RIR from my flock.

I have 3 due to hatch on sat. I am not super hopeful, they were shipped and spent 6 days in the hands of USPS. I'm suprised any have lasted this long. They were still breathing earlier. I have chipped away some shell so they can breath. I have found - this being my 9th hatch of shipped eggs - the longer they are in transit , the less likely they are to get out on their own. I help them get air by putting a hole in the top of the egg until they can chip the rest of the way out.

I will be totally surprised if these little guys make it...I will make sure to get eggs from this side of the country from now on!

Hi everyone! Glad to have others to share this with. Mine should start tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

I have shipped eggs to put in when they get here. I think I only have one set that is coming along ways.

Goodluck everyone!

Back
Top Bottom