Anybody ever knock a rooster out???

SportTees

Songster
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Southern Middle Tennessee
I walked outside and I saw my rooster laying in the yard not moving with my DH standing over him spraying him with the water hose. Then the rooster poped up and just stood there dazed. He said the roo wouldn't stop flogging him long enough for him to get away so he hit him with a stick and knocked him out.

My mom done the same thing to a RIR they had. He flogged her she whacked him with a stick (accidently hitting him in the head) she thought she killed him. Well she done the rest of the feeding, and by then he was up and back to normal. LOL

I was a very small child. When I was maybe 6 or so I was attacked by a RIR roo who was sort of notorious anyway. He was on my shoulders pecking, spurring & beating me with his wings. Dad ran out of the horse barn, pitchfork in hand and knocked him off me. He then took a Babe Ruth swing at him with the pitchfork handle. He loves this part: The roo's comb fell over, then he fell over. Dad thought he was dead, but he was mean as ever just a couple minutes later. Not too long after that, he just disappeared... Gee, I wonder what happened to that bird.
wink.png

Last edited:
preppy*hippie*chick :

I was a very small child. When I was maybe 6 or so I was attacked by a RIR roo who was sort of notorious anyway. He was on my shoulders pecking, spurring & beating me with his wings. Dad ran out of the horse barn, pitchfork in hand and knocked him off me. He then took a Babe Ruth swing at him with the pitchfork handle. He loves this part: The roo's comb fell over, then he fell over. Dad thought he was dead, but he was mean as ever just a couple minutes later. Not too long after that, he just disappeared... Gee, I wonder what happened to that bird.
wink.png

Do you remember a big supper that night? lol

vortec​

preppy*hippie*chick :

wink.png

Boy oh boy, I had an eerily similar experience as a child! Mean RIR chases me and my brother, my dad saves us by knocking the old meany out cold with the first thing handy, a length of 2x4. Man was he mad when he came to!​

I had a bantam roo a few years back who thought he was king. He kept coming at me one evening in the run. I took a stick and knocked him across the pen. He didn't get up and hubby said I think you killed him. I said no he's to mean to die that easy. I went and picked him up by the feet and gave him a shake. He come round real quick and as soon as I put him on the ground he came at me again.
Put him in the paper the next day and a guy come to pick him up. Told him he was rotten and mean he said he didn't care he'd take him.

preppy*hippie*chick :

wink.png

Wow - thats mean- He would have disapeared to if he attacked my 6 yr old​

preppy*hippie*chick :

The gist I'm getting here is that one should not keep a RIR roo without owning a set of full body armor!

It does seem like everybody's negative memories occured with the RIR roo. I have two roo chicks that I know I won't be keeping now, lol!

vortec​

Back
Top Bottom