Anybody have a pellet stove?

I just use a wood stove,I get free wood from the Amish lumber mill.
Whats the diffrence between a pellet stove and a wood burner?why cant you just burn wood in them(pellet stove)?

edit to say:wow pellet stoves cost alot more then my old wood burner.....

Last edited:
I love my pellet stove, we got ours last year and we were able to cut our heating bill in 1/2. of course pellet prices have gone up, so has wood, oil, gas and coal.
it's safe, easy to use, clean, I love the heat and the ambiance.
We're going to buy a second one for our camp.

Quote:
I guess I just find it interesting that for three out of the four years I've had it, there have been fires and problems at the plant at exactly the same time. This causes the price to spike even more than it would anyway. I just feel that's not right. Can I prove anything? No, it's like the gas companies. They're gouging us, but it goes all the way to the top, so they look perfectly clean. It's the same thing here. Way too coincidental to happen by itself.

Quote:
The stoves are designed and function differently. A pellet stove burns wood pellets instead of big pieces of wood. The pellets are manufactured and look kind of like feed pellets.

Pellets are placed in a hopper that feeds them with an auger to a fire box where they are burned. The pellet stoves I know about requre a source of electricity because of the auger and a blower that is used to get air to the fire.

At least you have a choice of how to heat your homes...here on the Gulf Coast we rarely ever heat our homes it never really gets cold enough....but in the heat of the summer which is about 9 months of the year we pay to run our air conditioner. Not a lot of alternatives there. This summer the cooling bills have been outrageous!!!

Back
Top Bottom