anybody have any remedies for newborn thrush?

hmm.png
Here is it behind the counter and I had to sign for the last time I got it. I hope you can find some and get that baby settled this evening.

Quote:
really? that is weird! its not like cold medicine or anything.
they also have it at dollar general stores here as well.

Good Luck
sad.png
I feel so bad for you. I know dealing with a baby that young is rough to begin with...let alone being a sick one.

Definitely stop giving the karo syrup. That is pure sugar and the food of yeast. There is no reason to do that unless the baby is constipated and it will only encourage yeast overgrowth.

I would be on the phone with your on call doc and see what you can do. They are available 24/7.

Hope things are better soon.

Last edited:
After battling that for months the only thing that worked for us was the Gentian Violet. I got mine at the Wal mart pharmacy and just had to ask for it at the counter. It's messy, but it works.
I also got issues with yeast and I had the pharmacist whip me up a concoction. The ingredients are listed here under number 2-
http://www.breastfeedingmums.com/dr_jack_newman_candida_protocol.htm

Last edited:
I went to walmart,kroger,kmart...nobody had it....walgreens said earlier they would have to order it.....is it a controlled substance or something do they make meth out of it....why cant you get it.....they had everything else ...camphor spirits...iodine.....seems like that stuff would be more dangerous

when she takes him to doc in the morning they will probably give nystatin...I dont know for sure.....she said he was sleeping now....

Just use some Ambesol or Orajel on the sore places until you can go to your regular doctor on Monday. As long as you can keep the baby in reasonable comfort until he/she is treated, it should be alright.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to start applying a moisture barrier to the bottom each time you diaper also. Vaseline works just fine and will help you avoid increased excoriation of any skin if the yeast spreads.

Yes the older child could get it if he has used the bottle.

Not only that but anyone with a weakened immune system(even a COLD) can get it. It will attack the skin and is NOT easy to get rid of.
I know this from experience.
One of my daycare kids had a yeast infection. I got a cold from another daycare kid and then got the yeast infection from helping to treat the kid with it. I ended up COVERED in it and the itch was intense.
I couldnt sleep, I couldnt eat. It was on my scalp, legs, arms, everywhere. Getting through my days was miserable. I finally drove myself to the ER, after being told by my own PCP to try OTC remedies for athletes foot which did not work for poop!
They took me right in. My BP was ski high. I hadnt slept in two weeks.
They gave me sleeping pills and two tubes of nystatin. PLUS a Rx for more. It took 3 days for me to get it all. And once ya get it THAT badly, from what I have read and been told. And noticed. It never really goes away. I now have a ongoing Rx for the nystatin. I keep tea tree oil in the house at ALL times(helps with small outbreaks) And diet plays a big part in managing it. Diabetics tend to be really susceptible to it. Another reason I still test my blood sugar levels YEARS after having Gestational diabetes. I am now paranoid about getting another outbreak. I would rather be in pain than deal with itch that intense ever again. Hell mosquitoe bites drive me nuts. Poison ivy? summack? Yeast is worse. I would rather cut myself with razors than deal with itch like that again

Back
Top Bottom