Anybody keep chickens AND cats with success?

I had 2 outside cats that had very strong preddator instincts, have seen them kill and eat all kinds of animals including grown rabbits, and once the male even killed a possum, but they never gave any problems with the chickens and would even wander around in the middle of the flock when they were free ranging.

I wish I had gotten pics like others have posted here, great pics y'all!

No probs here!!!

GEDC0750.jpg

Now the dog, that's another thing

GEDC1759.jpg

gig.gif

Quote:
Perhaps she wants in because of mice.
ep.gif

Either way, with her in there, she should make short work of any!

Nope, not a hint of a mouse......she never stays in there unless the chickens are there. When they are out she wanders around the yard with them.
smile.png

We have a big 16# black male cat and a small female cat. Neither has ever bothered our chicks of any age. The black cat loves to lay nearby and watch the chicks.

my cats sleeps with my chicks and babys rabbits she like to hide in there pin to hide hre sent and get the mice i seen her laying in my rabbit cage and the babys craw all over her

My cats are used to me bringing in all sorts of strange things. I doubt they would harm them trying to eat them, but possibly trying to play, so I don't trust them with the little ones. But they love to sit on top of the brooder and watch.

I have 7 cats and they have learned that if I hold the birds and take care of them, i guess i mena handle them alot, that they are mine, and they are not to touch. i have baby Japanese Quail running loose in the house and none of the cats will bother them. They like to watch, but they won't touch.

Back
Top Bottom