Anybody know about electric clothes dryer

ams3651

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
NE PA
My 5 year old son is exceptional at breaking things.
he.gif
My Maytag dryer has the round lint screen in the back of the inside of the dryer. My son took it off and the plastic cover over the "insides" and, I think, dropped a plastic talking thing from inside a stuffed animal inside. My washer and dryer are wedged in where they are, in the hall of what was a double wide trailer, its a major undertaking to take them out. I cant get in there from the inside of the dryer to tell if or where it is. My question is will it melt in there and cause problems? I dont have a repair man to ask and Im afraid to run it. I sure would appreciate it if someone knows.

You might see if there are any screws you can undo to take off the area around the lint screen. My Dryer has the lint screen in the front and I am able to unscrew the whole shebang and clean it out on occasion. You might see if the talking thing has enough metal to stick to a magnet. If you think it does, get a child's magnet (like from Geomags or some such thing) and tape it to a long tinker toy. Stick that down in there and see what you come up with. I don't think it would really hurt so much to run the thing. You might try running it on cool and see if you hear anything.

electric dryers don't get as hot as gas dryers. BUT, for your own safety, you need to get those parts out. When it comes to potential fires, you don't want to second chance it. It's probably time to clean up all the lint back there anyway.

just my 2 cents

Thanks for the responses, what I am talking about is in the back of the tumbler, inside the dryer. Its impossible to see inside because it just falls inside, I even tried a mirror and its too tight a space. Im going to ask my sons skinny friend to jump in behind if we pull it out and take the back off and look inside. When I say its a tight fit, I mean we would have to take the washer out into the kitchen to do anything but pull the dryer forward 2-3 feet.

After I posted this I went out on the back porch opened the freezer and discovered he had been in the garage (hes so skinny he can squeeze thru the chain lock) and dumped lawn mower oil inside.
barnie.gif
Calgon, take me away.........

You could also try putting duct tape on a wire hanger (or something else semi-flexible) with the sticky side out. Swipe it around in there and see if you get anything.

PS: I would also give him some benedryl and put him to bed early tonight.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Sounds like someone's done this before....or at least has kiddos!!!

You know it!!
big_smile.png
I have 2 boys with ADHD (and a daughter not far behind) and life is a circus at our house.

Back
Top Bottom