Anybody want some ZEBRA finches??

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by seismic wonder2, Apr 16, 2008.

1. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Mine are breeding like rats!
    I stopped counting at 11.
    I Finally got smart and separated the boys from girls. Duh.
    I don't have the heart to cull them. Cute little buggars.

I have the two cages separated on either side of the bedroom. It's too funny... some times they "beep" to each other across the room. It's like listening to a tennis match! LOL:p[​IMG]

The males have a little song they sing in the morning. I guess equivialnt to Crowing for a rooster...anyway, it sounds like a miniature army guy playing Revalie.

I laugh every day when I get up around 0430. When I turn on the light they get squacking: BEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEP!....(short pause)...Beep! (one guy is a little "Slow" i guess).

I know they are saying "Hey! Butthead! Cut out that light!"[​IMG]

2. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Awwwww.... I miss my Zebra finches. I had some for several years, and love the noises they made.

3. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I want zebra finches. I have 8 cockateils, and 4 parakeets. Hubby said I can get some in a couple months. I can't wait.

4. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    We are having the same problem. The little sex maniacs. I have had a great success with the craigeslist in our area. Just sold five in 24 hours. Good luck!![​IMG]

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    We started with 8 and had 30+ within a few months. They just dont stop! I love the beeping sound they make though!

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    These guys sound adorable, but I'm not allowed to have any more indoor pets [​IMG]

But do you think they'd hatch in an incubator? Maybe I could sneak them in as REALLY small banties that need special care?

7. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    I would love some....but live too far away...[​IMG] Those little birdies are so adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by