Anyone bake their own bread?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Dchicken207, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Dchicken207

Dchicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Maine
    Fresh out of the oven. Its 7°F right now outside,nothing like warm crusty bread and a bowl of Beef stew to warm you up!
    [​IMG]

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been baking a loaf everyday for a while in my bread machine. Love the way the house smells and everyone devours it. Yours looks awesome!!

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I bake a lot of my own bread. Our family really likes it even my pickiest kid lol. Yours looks beautiful.

4. mar013q

mar013q Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I love to bake bread and how it makes the house smell so good.

5. fmburson

fmburson New Egg

Jan 11, 2012
    Your bread looks wonderful! I just pulled a loaf of whole wheat made with honey out of the oven about 20 minutes ago...was going to post a picture, and wouldn't you know it, the battery needs to be charged on my camera!! I make all of our bread, much healthier than store bought, and definitely a lot cheaper. Thank you and have a great evening!

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I love my pet jar of sourdough starter.. had to give it a rest while my husband was in Iraq.. now that he's home we make rolls, pancakes, bread, pizza crust.. well.. you name it from that lil jar of starter!

7. quercus21

quercus21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Tivoli, NY
    Just about all the bread we eat is homemade. I make 8 loaves a month and the better half inhales it. Everyday, she has 2 slices with butter and cinnamon. I just took some dough out of the freezer to make garlic bread. Calamari over pasta, green salad, and garlic bread for supper.

8. mondotomhead

mondotomhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Sturbridge
    This is by far the BEST roll recipe I've ever found. I make these so much that we cannot stand to eat the supermarket kind anymore. Another benefit is if you want bread pudding you can use these right away and hold up beautifully! No waiting for stale bread anymore.

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/242/everyones-favorite-buns

9. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK

will you share you recipe please please?

10. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK

may have to try these they do look good [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by