Anyone bake their own bread?

My husband does, because he can handle the baking. It is so much of a science, that my scatter-brained artist mind can't always handle it. I like to play, so I do the cooking. XD

What a beautiful, crusty perfect loaf of bread!
droolin.gif

Hi,

What recipe are you using? Did you know that when you bake your own bread you can portion this and freeze it and only take a slice out when you need it. You can toast it frozen or put it in the grill or thaw it out - it doesn't take that long even if you take it out of the freezer the night before. If its stale you can grind this up and make breadcrumbs out of it. (As long as it is not moldy)

Cheers
Chrissy
thumbsup.gif

Thanks folks. I also make a really good sourdough using this same method that comes out awesome.

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!! Is that baked in a Le Creuset? I keep meaning to try that.

I grind my flour and bake all our bread, rolls, pita, pizza crust, etc. It's a lot of work but tastes so much better and I've felt so much healthier since doing this!

Gorgeous!!! Is that baked in a Le Creuset? I keep meaning to try that.

I grind my flour and bake all our bread, rolls, pita, pizza crust, etc. It's a lot of work but tastes so much better and I've felt so much healthier since doing this!

Yes it is and really helps make this really nice crust. This is a almost no knead bread, I knead maybe 10 times

Back
Top Bottom