Anyone else a klutz like me?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Solsken Farm, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Three days ago I sliced my finger chopping onions. Two days ago I slammed my head on the truck of the mini van when I stood up, forgetting the trunk was there. Yesterday I poked my eye and scratched my face walking "under" our crababpple tree. Today, I jumped down from a stack of hay, and landed on a kid toy and clearly have sprained my ankle. I was able to get my boot off before the ankle blew up like a balloon.[​IMG] I thought I was going to have to crawl in from the barn. But made it in somehow. This is par for the course for me. What a klutz. Ouch. Nothing can happen now, I am stuck in the chair next to the fire. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yep, that's me. Always falling on my can or catching a finger in something.

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL I run cross country and we were jogging the other day with snow on the ground, I always seem to trip over every little detail in the ground.

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG YES!!!!!! I trip over my own feet ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! I could have wont FHV a few times if we only caught it on video [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    it's what i live for. my friends called me Calamity in high school. here i am 37 and seems instead of growing out of it, i've just perfected it. [​IMG]

6. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    I sliced my hand open trying to open a jar of applesauce, and got my finger stuck in a hole in a door for 3 hours, I also fractured my foot between my pinkie and ring toe walking out of the bathroom. I have also managed to break half of our dish set over the last year. [​IMG]

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I fell down the back steps a couple days ago while bringing the chickens water in the morning. It was about 5 F outside and my pants froze stiff before I got up and made it back into the house to get more water.

8. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    Give me a doorway 8 ft wide and I'll manage to bruise my hip on the side of it.

9. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol... yep, that's me, too! We were just talking about all my accidents on NYE's eve, actually.
    -Sprained my wrist when I was in Girl Scouts years ago playing some game.
    -Managed to fall UP the steps on a regular basis in Jr. High.
    -Dropped a 3' brush hog on my foot while disconnecting it from the 3 point and almost broke my foot.
    -Wasn't too careful when jacking up a truck in order to put a new gas tank in it (WARNING to everyone else - ALWAYS use jack stands if you're going to be underneath a vehicle - jacks can fail) and had it come down on me, trapping my hand between the gas tank and the frame.
    -After spending all day in the hayfield, I fell asleep driving my truck home following my dad. I hit the mower that he had hooked up to the tractor and bent the tongue of it and messed up my bumper.
    -When responding to a fire call on a cold night, while running from my car to the station I slipped on some ice and fell hard, ripping a big hole in the knee of my jeans. It wasn't until later while we were out on the call that I realized I had blood running down my leg. That one took a little while to heal.
    -Just last week I managed to break the coop (not the first time) AND get DH's truck buried in mud all in the same night!

There have been others, but those were a few that came to mind. [​IMG]

Maybe all that will make you feel better, Solsken Farm! I hope your ankle heals quickly!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Guys I am sorry I have to apologise to each and every one of you.....BUT, I HAVE BEEN ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING AND THE TEARS ARE ROLLING DOWN MY FACE!!!! BOY oh boy.....the antics......priceless.......but I am sorry for your accidents......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by