Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

I am eagerly and impatiently awaiting the *last* birds for my little flock. I have 8 Modern Game Bantams coming on the 29th (2 silver blue, 2 blue, 2 lavender, and 2 lemon blue). I am really excited about these little ones, and hope that the luck of the "draw" is with me and I get more pullets than roos LOL!

We have four Barred Rocks coming the week of April 23rd. I'm researching Silkie breeders and will be adding two of those as well. I've never raised baby chicks....have only had hens....so I can't wait!

Here they are :)

43f1a261-a412-6b30.jpg

43f1a261-a41e-9a53.jpg

I have 3 shipments coming in April the same week.
One order is of
2 gold laced wyandottes
2 silver laced wyandottes
1 speckled Sussex
1 buff silkie.
Second order is of 3 blue laced red wyandottes
Third order is 10 mixed brown egg laying hens no idea what breeds
2 ducks
2 turkeys
2 geese
It's a 16 bird assortment
I went to tractor supplies to look but came home with Cornish rocks amberlinks and a Pekin duckling

I'm doing a 'chick wait' of a rather different sort - I've got some quail eggs in the incubator at the moment. I wasn't so excited (I've done chook eggs before), but the 'quail-bator' (it has smaller holes for the quail eggs) counts down the days! It's just flicked over to 2, and I'm getting very excited now! They're due on Monday evening, and it's Saturday evening now! Yay! Can't wait! They're going to be so small!... okay, I'll calm down now.

@TS Oh my!!! YOU are so LUCKY How adorable I just want to squeeze them!
love.gif
I still haven't heard from the breeder as to when my chicks will be shipped
sad.png
I am guessing it is not going to be April as she said it was too cold to start shipping the begining of March....she was going to wait a couple of weeks to get started. And I am not first on the list. So here's to still waiting.....
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom