Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Hangin awww I love silkie chicks, I am getting my first silkie and sizzle and showgirl eggs this week. I can't wait. Post pics!

Slick - good LUCK!

Pagan - hang in there day 19 isn't gone yet...
fl.gif
and on time isn't so bad, except the make you crazy part.

I'll be here
pop.gif
caf.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif

Out of 10 goose eggs, 3 are still in the bator doing their thing. Today will be the last turning day, and they will go on lockdown tonight... I'm sooo excited, but nervous at the same time. My first time with geese, I'm worried about them hatching, and I have to go be a "live-in" dogsitter (an hour 20 minutes away) thursday, friday and saturday..
sad.png

LOL maybe I'm worried though, not for them hatching, but because I wont be here and they will imprint on someone else while I am gone..that would stink...

Ugh....o-well Hoping everyone has a great hatch, I'll update when something starts happening here!

Quote:
I'm just glad I'm not the only one with lazy eggs. I haven't heard or seen a thing. I wonder if there's anything in there.... I hope so!

Good luck to everyone, and thanks for all the hatching vibes..Came home today and I now have a total of 3 pips. AND I heard some peeping in there(so cute). today is day 20 for me, so I'm hoping for a hatched chick by morning.....looks like it's gonna be a long night by the bator!! anyone else have any activity?

I can't stand it... I have been outside doing things all day to keep me from sitting here staring at the eggs.
Just came in... temps good, humidity ok.
Back to the garden I go!

Hang in there Pagan and remember SCREAMING at the incubator doesn't actually do any good. And can get you three days in a tight white jacket with no sleeves...

Sometimes it's kind of nice not knowing what day eggs are "supposed" to hatch. Then you have to play it by ear and not freak. Knowing the marans are due Fri, just makes it worse.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

On a good note, after a day of incubation after removal from the failed turkey broodies the lone turkey egg does appear alive and active. And my silkie eggs came, second set should come tomorrow...
fl.gif

Quote:
Screaming... me... no.
(More like swearing threats under my breath every time I look in.
wink.png
)
It has been a loooooong 26 days & I'm ready for it to be over!

I had one pip this morning and finally made its entrance into this world around 5:00 pm. The other nine aren't doing anything but this is day 20 tonight so its a little early.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

My last hatch was 6/10 so I would be happy with that again for shipped eggs.
Good luck everyone
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Hooooray!!!! Not long now!!!
After sitting and staring at the 'bator for like 10 minutes, I finally heard peeping and saw some movement!!!
I have at least 1 internal pip!
Thank goodness it's started... I was getting a little psychotic.
Starin' at the 'bator, starin' at the 'bator.

DH called from work... he's working another double shift. He worked over last night, too. That means I'll be sitting her, glued to the plexiglass all night.
Tee-hee!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom