Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Quote:
That 1st marans shipment must have been through some pretty rough handling!
I wisk you much better luck on the 2nd shipment.

Quote:
I am pleased that you are pleased MagsC! I also know how you feel. If I only end up with one chick, I'll still be happy! I at least know that I did enough things right that I hatched one.

Quote:
9 out of 13 is pretty good! Congratulations, slickchick! Oh, and I can't wait to see pictures.

walkswithdog, I am cheering for your turkey, and for your second shipment!

Quote:
Thank you, kcardella! I am so happy with Booty!

Booty is still the only chick that has hatched, but there are four chicks that have pipped. I don't expect them to hatch anytime soon. I just have a feeling that they'll be a while, like Booty.

The Copper Black made it! He's flopping around free of his egg and peeping up a storm! I'll take one having seen the box of disaster he came from! He and the turkey poult are now singing the drying off blues together. Not a bad day at all.

And I spent the afternoon figuring out how to kill and butcher a turkey to keep busy... Turkey for dinner tomorrow.

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
ya.gif

You should name that one Houdini since he ecaped the "Box of Disaster!"
wink.png

Still just the two. The second one that hatched out was deformed. Sometimes I DO wonder if shipping has anything to do with it.(besides temps, humidity and such?) I am going to give it a few days and see how he does. I have had handicapped chicks before and if he can have quality of life with a little extra care, I am willing.Sigh. Maybe I am too much of a softie. Though I have culled when I felt I had to.
Well, back to waiting!!

Quote:
Yes, Houdini! I'm so happy for you walkswithdog!

MagsC, I'm sorry to hear about your chick. I hope he/she can get through the next few days, and win you over.
smile.png

Well, I have another chick! It popped out fast too! Really wasn't expecting it. It pipped over 36 hours ago. It didn't come into this world in the best way, though. Booty attacked the little thing! I broke the rule, and pulled Booty out quick, and placed him in the brooder. Now he's chirping his head off.

New chick:

IMG_1536.jpg

Booty:

IMG_1534.jpg

Yaaaaaaaay!
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

Oh, yeah! And there's another on the way, should be out in the next half hour or so. PIP PIP HOORAY!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom