Anyone else Hatching Turkeys around the 27th of May?

I am down to 4 eggs out of 9.
sad.png

I had one that had something sticky on the outside of the shell, a few days after I set it. I don't think it was weeping, but I tossed it just to be safe. Of course, it was touching one next to it, and when I picked up the sticky one, it pulled a big piece of the other egg's shell off
sad.png

Then I have 2 that are quitters, and 1 that never started. I still have 8 days (omg!! That's ALL?!?!?) left on the 4, and so far they look pretty good! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
fl.gif

Shelley how are the Turkey eggs. I have 1 that is still going, just a few more day. I really hope my lone egg hatchs. 28 days seem like it takes forever.

Well both mine died. They started smelling. UGGGGGGGHHHHH. Now I have 15 more in the bator. They were almost fully developed too. I really don't know what happened. Oh well. Here is to trying again. Good luck to everyone and I will keep checking in. Make sure everyone posts pics. I did get four new chicks out of the bunch though. Two Barred Rock/RIR cross and Two Black Jersey Giant/RiR Cross. They are cuties.

Mine due on 6/2 are still going.

The batch that I'm testing for fertility are on day 2... I HAD to check, really, I did. I promised bodyflight, she's the one that gave me the hens... so I 'm checking...
D.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

My lonely little turkey egg has a pip! I am so excited, it has been a lond 27 days so far. I hope it hatches with no problem.

Last edited:
Oh Willow I hope he makes it!!! My PRs have started their hatch and the first one is out. My turkeys are due next week... Prayers for your little one.
fl.gif

My first group of turkey eggs didn't make it, so I know the feeling of ending up with few or none...

Quote:
I'm sorry!! I just now saw this! I hope your little one hatches for you. Last candling, it looked like my 4 were still going good. One of them has a funky air cell, so it's hard to tell on that one for sure, but the other 3 still look good. I still have about a week left on mine though
th.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom