Anyone else have efowl ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, Apr 24, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Just wondering :).

2. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    some BYC users do have efowl birds. But the majority of us tend to steer away from them for multiple reasons.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  3. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    They are a middle man only. They do not have inventory, but just take the order and have other companies ship for them. One of their duck suppliers is:
    http://www.metzerfarms.com
    You are better off ordering directly.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  4. peepsandquacks

Apr 22, 2011
    You know, I tried to order from them but they were very difficult to get ahold of. Noone answered the phone, and no answer to emails. *shrug*

5. Duckles

Duckles Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    West Mass
    I have ten ducks from efowl, one extra was sent and one died. I ordered my last group from Metzer's and liked their customer service better because they always have people at the phones. I didn't have a bad experience with efowl, I just like Metzer's a lot so I probably wouldn't use them again. I still love my duckies though!!

6. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    I use Metzer Farms and have talked to them on the phone a few times with no problems. Maybe it's just the time of day you called?

7. peepsandquacks

Apr 22, 2011
    Maybe, I will try them again if I ever recover (mentally and physically) from these ducklings and want to do it again!

8. waterbird15

waterbird15 New Egg

May 22, 2009
    I saw this topic about a week after we ordered from efowl and was a little concerned about what some had to say. We ordered 25 chickens and 4 indian runners and got the ducks a few weeks later and they were healty and happy and still are. I did call them with a question about the order and got a fairly generic answer because the guy didnt know about what "the farm" had shipped for the day so i am wondering if the metzer farm connection is true. but i will say that the reasone we went with efowl over metzer or any others was because of the minimum order requirement and the the availability of our cochin feather foots. Metzer said they wouldnt be available for months while efowl said they we available. we orderd the ducks and chickens almost two months ago and got the ducks but the chicks are due sometime in may due to "poor hatch and/or our rare breed". so maybe we were getting some BS info. not sure we'll see.
    I will add that efowl is very good about emailing you when your birds have shipped and when they have not at the beggining of the week so you know when they will get to the post office
    but the ducks are happy and healthy and thats all i have to judge them on so far.

9. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  10. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered ducks and chicks from efowl with absolutely no problems at all. At the time that I ordered, I did not know they were a middle man and shipped through other hatcheries. After tracking, I learned that my birds actually came from Cackle Hatchery. I also ordered from them because I was able to order a smaller amount. After I found out about them being a "middle man", I went to the Cackle Hatchery website, and unless they had recently had a price increase, I got my babies cheaper through efowl.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by