Anyone else have eggs due around 9-23?

Kanga77510

Songster
10 Years
Oct 10, 2009
Santa Fe, TX
My broody momma, Chip is at it again. I set eggs under her on the 2nd. She's due to have the chicks any day now, probably on the 23rd. I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what comes out. :)

Good Luck with your hatch!!!

I have 4-eggs under my little cream legbar and she is about 5-days away from 'hatch day'. And I have 7 eggs in the incubator...due on the same day.

This will be the first time I have had a hen go broody and go the distance if Robin makes it to the finish line...and I think that she will...she is glued to the eggs and seriously guarding them.

Oh fellow hatchers,

when I got home this evening after being gone all day--- one of the eggs under my broodie had rolled out. It was cool--- I put it back under her... (she is in a box inside a rabbit hutch---there's no way she could have gotten it back in by her self).... I suspect it had been out for awhile. Am I just out of luck on that egg?

I know time will tell...but wondered if you all might have some insight. Thnks!

Last edited:
Good luck. I hope it hatches. I had one hatch last night or early this morning. There's a tiny little head poking out from under momma. She has 12 under her, so we'll be keeping an eye out.

I checked a little while ago and saw three little heads. Two are going to be barred rocks, I could see the cream and black. The other one, I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom