anyone else have silly/funny chicken names?

Tmcfarland

Songster
May 5, 2022
So, my kids are currently naming all of our chickens. They’re finally getting big enough to be able to somewhat tell them apart. Here’s a pic with a few chicks. Left back is Wally. I know it’s a girl but she is our greeter of the flock & the kids thought of the Walmart greeters. 🤦‍♀️ Back right is Blackie. Front left is Honey Mustard & front right is Sweet & Sour! My 6 yr old named the last 2!

Attachments

• A6FE962B-B66A-4A14-BE0B-DCAC7E0E2D1C.jpeg
    A6FE962B-B66A-4A14-BE0B-DCAC7E0E2D1C.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 88
Only 2 of my chickens have names. The rooster is cogburn jr, his father was named when I got him. His son was named cogburn 3 or tre for short but I don't know if the new owners kept it. The other is the GLW named mir, because it's a miracle I aint butchered her already. I generally don't name my livestock.

My 2 coturnix quail I just caught I did name Tyrone and Quandary, inside joke on that one.

Otherwise I just call them the peanut gallery.

When we moved in, the previous owners left us a few mature hens. Never got to know their previous names, but the large Rhode Island Red that was the leader of the pack got the name Beefcake.

Fast forward some time and we adopted an Australorp roo. He came with the name Raven, but he quickly picked up the nicknames "Horny Dave" and "Cock-A-Doodle-Dave" depending on what he was up to at the time.

With the exception of a pair of Iowa Blues that hatched here and were named by someone else, all of mine have human names.

So, it depends on your definition of "silly." The most appropriately named is Eleanor, a Midnight Majesty Maran who seems to know that she, like Eleanor of Aquitaine, is a mighty queen whose authority should not be questioned.

We gave ours silly names 😂

Rooster is Peter Nincompoop
Little Chicken is Hennifer Lopez
White Chicken is Sweet Dee
Brown Chicken is Reba
Black Chicken is Snowflake

Attachments

• Snowflake.jpg
    Snowflake.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Sweet Dee.jpg
    Sweet Dee.jpg