ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE???

Quote:
Are you on the "dark side" of that talk--or the "convincing my hubby" side?
hu.gif

Definitely on the convincing the hubby side
smile.png

Right now he's modifying the swingset into a coop. But he's already said more than once that I cannot go into the egg business or breeding business...
And that I have to limit myself to the swingset coop (although I already said I'm keeping the tractor in use as well... for the babies, of course).

LOL Of course!

Quote:
She a little emotional, but that's my fault. She was rescued and lived in the house while her badly infected feet healed. She only has one toe on each foot, but she tears around so fast you'd never know it.
Anyway, she doesn't like to be left alone, (maybe because she was the bait in a coyote trap and left alone for weeks). She wants to be wherever you are, she'll march right up and steal your food and she's pretty fearless for her size. So, more info than you wanted, but what I'm trying to say is that she is probably not typical of the breed and I love her to death. The eggs she lays are just a bonus.

About your hubby, you may want to tell him that it's his turn to clean the bathroom and he needs to help cook at least 3 meals per week , because you are a team. Give him a quota of how much dirty laundry he is allowed per week, etc.
tongue.png

GREAT IDEA! I do my own laundry because he used BLEACH instead of SOAP on about $300 worth of clothes!!!
ep.gif

So he's not allowed to do laundry...

And as for cooking, I'm not sure I'd eat it. LOL

BUT...I'm sure I can come up with SOMETHING for him to step up & some sort of quota he'll need to meet....LOL

Quote:
Bantams do lay eggs. We're raising them and I just love them dearly. Our three Easter Egger girls laid eggs all through the winter for us. Our three Silky girls are good layers also...when they aren't broody (most of the time) and trying to hatch air.
lau.gif

Easter Egger Eggs...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/TnWren/PB104501.jpg?t=1208377449

Just a thought...I set eggs in the bator while we were home together recovering from our bike wreck. After Skip got to see those babies hatch for the first time, he was smitten and told me to hatch away!!!

Dawn

Hmmm....he doesn't think things are cute very often (other than himself, obviously!) LOL
smack.gif

But...it may work.....I wonder if I could keep my banties with my ducks?? That way, there would not be any mixing of breeds and they would be fast/small enough to get away from "Duckzilla?

Either that, or I'll threaten to get more reptiles!
woot.gif

LOL. Adam and I finally got our system down, I think. When I need something done or built, I exchange a favor for Adam.
wink.png
Take that however you like, I'm not going to detail it even more than that.

Our conversation goes along the lines of this:
Kim:"Adam, I think I want to set up a breeding pen for -breed-." Adam: "Why?"
Kim: "blah, blah, blah...explanation"
Adam: "fine." *grin*"what are you going to do for me?"
Kim: *sigh and roll eyes* "What do you want, love?"

This works for us. Different things work for different people. I have trouble sneaking stuff in, he seems to notice anything he has to pay/feed/care for. LOL.

Just thought I'd throw it in there, you have to make it interesting for those dear hubbies. You can't train without a reward, right?

wink.png
-Kim

I don't know about everyone else's D'Uccles, but my Porcelains didn't lay worth a crap and that's why they had to go. I got maybe 20 eggs out of three hens in a year. As for Sultans, they are sporadic. One of my hens laid 6 eggs between the time she was 7 months and 14 months old, and then laid almost daily for a couple of months. Since then she hasn't laid a thing
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah, I have heard the D'Uccles are not good layers & I've had my sultan almost a year & nothing. So maybe I just won't get any more of the sultans & I'll just look are pretty pictures of the Porcelains I wanted.
tongue.gif

So I think I'm going to back down on the banty thing. I'll just keep my "cute" bantam for the cuteness factor & for decoration.

BUT as for my other breeds....I think I can manage my Light Brahmas in with my ducks, cochins on one side of my existing coop AND Salmon Favs on the other!? Are those good layers??

Back
Top Bottom